Farewell, Steve Machol

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Abomination
    • Jul 2008

You will be missed Steve. I could always count on you...

All the best to you, and to your family.

Comment

• Arkham
      • Mar 2001
      • 4.1.x

I'll miss ya, ya big lug. It's been a pleasure dealing with you and knowing you over the years. I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavours.

(Just for old times' sake, I copied the above text and re-pasted it in honour of you. <Sniff>)

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Hmm yes I've just realised.

I started this thread in the Licensed Customer Feedback forum. So unlicensed members won't be able to post showing their appreciation of Steve's work.

Therefore.....

To post tributes to Steve Machol on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate forum.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Steve was here when I was brand new to vBulletin and every question I searched out, he had answered. He was my vB God - he knew everything! Then, I was lucky enough to be part of Staff and work with him on a daily basis. He's taught me a lot and made doing support a fun job (yes, really!). I'm going to miss him like crazy! But good luck, Steve! Enjoy your time off and relax for a bit!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lynne
            Steve was here when I was brand new to vBulletin and every question I searched out, he had answered. He was my vB God - he knew everything! Then, I was lucky enough to be part of Staff and work with him on a daily basis. He's taught me a lot and made doing support a fun job (yes, really!). I'm going to miss him like crazy! But good luck, Steve! Enjoy your time off and relax for a bit!
            All of this is very true. Steve was always there to help us and lead us the right way. He was the best boss I could have asked for. Its just not going to be the same without him.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Steve, you will be missed. You built the support structure to what it is today and helped many people in the process. Good Luck in the future.
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 29 Aug '11, 9:18am.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                All of this is very true. Steve was always there to help us and lead us the right way. He was the best boss I could have asked for. Its just not going to be the same without him.
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Steve, you will be missed. You built the support structure to what it is today and helped many people in the process. Good Luck in the future.
                Plus what these guys say...
                Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 29 Aug '11, 9:19am.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  Steve, thanks for your tireless work in support over the years, assisting me as a customer and then supporting me as a colleague. This is a huge loss to vB and you will be sorely missed on both levels.

My best wishes to you and yours - I'm sure we'll stay in touch.
                  Originally posted by Zachery
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                  Thanks to everyone, and especially the vB Support Staff. I truly believe that you are the finest Support Team I have ever known. You are all are a significant part of any success vB has had over the years, and it was my distinct honor and privilege serving with you all . I will miss you terribly, but I'm also sure you'll do fine without me.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 1.1.x

Wow... just... wow. Steve has been a VB fixture here forever and a positive force and excellent representative and diplomat. When I had a few issues that needed remedying, he was the first to make sure that the right thing was done and I'm sure many others here can report the same positive experiences. Fare well Steve. Your presence will most certainly be missed greatly. Look forward and hoping to cross paths with you on the outside... and take more of those *incredible* pictures with the time!
                    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• tpearl5
                      • Jul 2001
                      • 4.2.X

Wow, one of the originals. Thanks for all your hard work Steve!

btw, I didn't know you were a Nikon Photographer. Give my Nikon site a look when you get a chance, you'll enjoy the people there.

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
                      Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

• AdrianH
                        • Sep 2007

Sorry to see you go Steve you will be very much missed, best wishes for the future.

vB/IB have lost the one person that bound all this together ..........

Comment

• Loco.M
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Great job Steve, you will be missed on the vb side..
                          Hope to see you around the internet still
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• CEO254
                            • Jan 2008
                            • 4.1.x

Thank You Based God.

Steve contributed absolutely nothing in the threads I posted. Surprised he was actually getting paid.
                            <signature removed by staff>

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                              • Sep 2001

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help over the years, I wish you well in your future endeavors!

Regards,
                              - John
                              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Arkham
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by CEO254
                                <bull>
                                True class, pal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...