My 20 or so favorite Frank Sinatra songs! (Embedded Videos)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Share the Love My 20 or so favorite Frank Sinatra songs! (Embedded Videos)

In no particular order. Different songs remind me of different stages of my life- friends, families, relationships... Hearing the play is live reliving them again.

This reminds me of a summer I spend with a special woman- it was some of the best weeks of my life.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

This is what I listened to back in college when I was getting in shape and getting serious about my future. I was hoping a specific woman would take notice, but it was not meant to be- still I ended up far better than where I started- NO REGRETS.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

OK... To be this is about another lady I was after for a long time... We more success than the one above but still not enough.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

This is just a fun song! No remissnessing about mushy memories here!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

My Way! I've always needed to do things my way and I probably always will. I put a tribute video to the late great Sidney E Frank to this song and those images are now seared in my mind along side the lyrics.

​There's a reason you can shot in the Philippines (so I hear) if you mess this song up in a Karaoke bar- Best pick a different song if you can't show it the respect it deserves!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

New York, New York! What can I say, the city in which I was born and lived my life. I hate so much about it but I whenever I traveled I always wanted to come home! I <3 NY!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

I really enjoyed this song when I used to drive to work, but it has taken on so much more meaning now that I really have seen life both both sides now. In my 20's I was literally traveling the world, hanging out with billionaires, and generally felt I had it better than a rock star- a rick star couldn't pretend to be a normal guy. My 30th bday I invited my closest friends and family to a trip to Vgeas and it was a blast- things couldn't have gotten much better. But shortly after I got sick, hospitalized, and few years later it's all gone. Pretty sure I will see better days though again.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

So true Frankie, so true...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Another woman... in another life maybe...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

A holiday song? Maybe... but in New York today, this 8th day of Match, it is perfectly appropriate!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

This reminds me of when I look at old pictures of the neighborhoods I grew up in... Recently I found a site that had old areal photography and I could see what it looked like from 80;s, 70's, 60's, and 50's... But the house wasn't built in 1960. It was all grassland... And the empty "park" I grew up all my life thinking was probably virgin ground actually housed a bunch of shacks put up for the returning troops after WW2. All that history virtually wiped away in just a few years, to the point you'd never know it was there if you didn't find this photo. It bums me out to think about all the history that has happened somewhere that I'll (or we) will never know about.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

A metaphor for life or gambling, take your pick.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

Come fly with me! So often I asked people to come fly out to places with me- once in a while people would come... One in a rare while a woman (not family) would come.... Once and only once... Two women.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

I always liked this song because it opens with "I get no kick from champagne" and growing up/college I never did drink... The original version of the song also talked about how he never took a sniff of cocaine (not sure how accurate but will give Frankie the benefit of the doubt) which also was a lot like me- no questionable substances for me unless we're talking taco meat. When I started working for a liquor company after college I would look twice before playing this though.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                              • Jul 2008

It's obvious... they're aware of us... the pair of us... alone on the floor... Still brings a tear to my eyes. Enough said.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...