Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panzer Max
    • May 2006

Future Features: What's most important?

We just passed 5 years of vBulletin ownership. My site started out with Matt's BBB script, moved to EZBoard (what a mess), then made the jump to phpBB 1.4. Worked our way through countless phpBB 2.x versions. It got to where phpBB had no serious spam control, so in May 2006 we transitioned to vB. We found it a very good product, and I believe you get what you pay for.

I have not moved to vB4, mainly because it has more features that I don't need or want. Things I would like to see in future versions is:

Better, more comprehensive spam control: My future vB should have better Q&A, hidden field options, integrated StopForumSpam tools, more spam detections tools (members with spam sigs, homepages, and few posts).

Intergated downloads: tools to allow members to upload their apps and mods securely to a file bank, with a rating system and moderator tools. Like Downloads II.

More query tools like Move/Prune members. It works great, but a few more fields, like the ACP>Search for New Members, Advanced Search has, that would be sweet.

Anti-troll controls, like Miserable Users.

Integrated ad management (it may already have something for this and I don't know how to use it ).

Where do you see the future vBulletin going?
  • letsjoy
    • Jun 2006
    • 4.2.x

Some pvt. live chat... that should be easy on server...
    A's - Shayari
    Miniclip Web.PK

Comment

• proboy2597
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

Above.

Comment

• ShadowpK
        • Jun 2011
        • 4.1.x

^_______^

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...