X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HexOnxOnx
    • Apr 2003
    • 3.7.x

Domains Expiring

I haven't run a forum in a few years or at least one where people have actually visited. I also have a domain name that will be expiring soon, icecreamforum.com. There is nothing there now because I never updated my CC expiration date and so they suspended the account. It was easier to do that than to try and cancel the account.

I'm not so sure what to do with the domain. Should I just let it expire or keep renewing it even though I lost all interest in running a site well over a year ago. I tried doing this with another domain years ago, fastfoodforums.com and I forgot all about it and it expired. When I realized it was gone, it was probably six months later and some company owns it to this day and never has done a thing with it. The ice cream domain will probably end up like that if I let it go.
    http://www.icecreamforum.com
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If it's expiring soon then if you want to do anything with it (i.e. sell it) then you'll need to renew it first - otherwise anyone taking a look at the expiry date will just hang on until it's freely available...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• steven s
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

If you don't renew it someone will swoop it and cybersquat on it.
      Entirely up to you.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Aneurysm
        • Jul 2006

Make sure you renew it before someone "scoops" it up on you.
        --
        http://www.copytechnet.com - Forums for Copier, Laser Printer, and Fax technicians.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...