X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Blackberry Playbook.

So who went out today and purchased this new tablet? Do you like it?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API
  • punchbowl
    • Nov 2006
    • 4.0.x

I spit on any machines unsupported by vbulletin!

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by punchbowl
      I spit on any machines unsupported by vbulletin!
      That's a good one punch *lol
      I heard no good reviews for the playbook, all those new pads are too expensive and lack in functionality, would only use it for web browsing.
      But a kindle would be a better option for me, especially the currency rates € -> $ are very exciting.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I have a hard time taking any first gen products seriously anymore, there is always something wrong/broken with them or they die off soon.

I am a Palm Pre Owner can you tell?
        Last edited by Zachery; Tue 19 Apr '11, 2:09pm.

Comment

• TomJames
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.8.x

Didn't realise that was out in the US already, I can't see it doing that well with consumers though unless it is significantly different from the standard Blackberry style interface. Having said that it could carve out a very nice niche in the business market if it gets the right style of applications on it.
          - TomJames

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by TomJames
            Didn't realise that was out in the US already, I can't see it doing that well with consumers though unless it is significantly different from the standard Blackberry style interface. Having said that it could carve out a very nice niche in the business market if it gets the right style of applications on it.
            Yeah it was released yesterday. Was just doing a straw poll. Personally, I have an iPad. What got me interested is that a news story from midwest Canada did about the lines for it. They showed a Futureshop with an empty parking lot and the only people there were newspeople. Immediately afterwards, they had a story about lines for the iPad2 yesterday in New York where people still line up daily. Have read a lot of good reviews about the hardware of the Playbook. Unfortunately, the software reviews are the opposite.

I was wondering if anyone actually got it and what they thought about it personally.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...