And then Facebook started a mega forum system...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Soon, all those freaking big-player will destroy everything because they are to greedy. Facebook forum, google forum, only a matter of time...

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    This isn't Facebook themselves it's just a third party app, albeit quite a nice one at first glance.

Does look like vB3 but for those reasons won't appeal to the "Facebook crowd" because it doesn't have the (tedious) "web 2.0" look that Facebook uses.

Leave a comment:

• kentaurus
    replied
    This is no different from a user creating an ezboard
    Or someone downloading phpbb or other free forum solution and using that

I very much doubt sales would be affected at all or if anyone should really care

Plus, not official.. just see http://www.facebookforums.net/support.php
    You need help? Contact us: [email protected]

Anybody can just create a Facebook app...

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    I do think that Facebook forums will spread like wildfire, because there are already hundreds of millions of members connected. Friends will get alerts of posts. Visiting a facebook forum automatically makes you a member of that forum.
    O my.. i have to agree

Does this mean the end for vbulletin?, i def think sales will be affected

wD

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Scarily like vB3 in it's looks...

Leave a comment:

• kentaurus
    replied
    Is this official? It is just ugly. Plus, pointing to facebookforums.net, no press release and badly integrated really ...

Maybe just some user creating an App for creating forums?
    Last edited by kentaurus; Wed 13 Apr '11, 10:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Destron
    replied
    Wow, wow wow, I need to see this

Leave a comment:

• Private_Ale
    replied
    Should Facebook allow domains in the future, I can without any question see a potential major issue for the privately owned and operated community and website.

But dont forget to integrate your member base with facebook!
    I agree with this completely. Facebook Connect was one of the dumbest things to be integrated into vBulletin core. If a person can't take 1-3 minutes to register for your community, you probably don't want them in your community to begin with. Though, OpenID might have been a better, more neutral option if some form of external registration was absolutely needed.

So many forums are so eager to share their content via things such as 'Share this on facebook!' or 'Tweet this on twitter!'. I honestly never seen the bonus in it. Can you not just copy+paste a link if you would like to share it, is there seriously a need for a one-click button to give others your content?

Thing is, if you share your content on Twitter or Facebook and somebody actually likes it and it does become a good subject matter, 8/10 times they will _not_ join your forum to discuss it, they will discuss it on Facebook or Twitter. Since you just exported your content to that medium, why *not* continue it there?

Companies can make a facebook page, now they can make a forum, all at no cost to them. 2+2=?

If you like irony, you'll love this.

Leave a comment:

• And then Facebook started a mega forum system...

Facebook Forums has arrived. Everyone can start his own forum now. All hosted on facebook.
    I wonder if Scott MacVicar is involved in the development of facebook forums.

A rap forum as an example:

Say hello on Fabians forum: http://apps.facebook.com/facebook_fo...php?forum=1163

Here is the general index:

I do think that Facebook forums will spread like wildfire, because there are already hundreds of millions of members connected. Friends will get alerts of posts. Visiting a facebook forum automatically makes you a member of that forum.

But dont forget to integrate your member base with facebook!