• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rondo365
    Banned
    • Mar 2011

Help with Vbullettin forum's privacy

Hi,

I’m writing you to ask what can I do to have some posts deleted in a vbulletin’s forum (this is the topic: http://limboclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77534 ) where I have been insulted in a lot of posts, and where moderators and admins like to insult me too instead of doing their job and deleting the threads. I have been asking for 6 forum’s pages to just delete my name from the forum but they don’t seem ready to do anything else than insulting me. I really want that thread to be deleted because they broke my privacy posting a private message with my name and then insulting me a lot of times. What can I do? Can vbullettin admins do something to delete that thread, or at least modify them removing my name from there? I really don’t know what to do anymore and I hope you can help me, since I’m sure that thread break also vbullettin’s rules.
    Thank you very much and sorry if this is not the right section of the forum.
    M.S.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

vBulletin cannot help you with this, you will need to contact the site's owner. If you get nowhere with that, you can potentially contact their web host. However, neither is under any obligation to do anything.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TomJames
      • Feb 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Rondo365
      Hi,

I’m writing you to ask what can I do to have some posts deleted in a vbulletin’s forum (this is the topic: http://limboclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77534 ) where I have been insulted in a lot of posts, and where moderators and admins like to insult me too instead of doing their job and deleting the threads. I have been asking for 6 forum’s pages to just delete my name from the forum but they don’t seem ready to do anything else than insulting me. I really want that thread to be deleted because they broke my privacy posting a private message with my name and then insulting me a lot of times. What can I do? Can vbullettin admins do something to delete that thread, or at least modify them removing my name from there? I really don’t know what to do anymore and I hope you can help me, since I’m sure that thread break also vbullettin’s rules.
      Thank you very much and sorry if this is not the right section of the forum.
      M.S.
      In all honesty your best bet might be just to ignore it and stop participating in that forum, that way the thread will die and it will vanish into the ether after a short while.

Otherwise you could try contacting the sites host, if the content is personally identifiable as you (real name, etc) then depending on which country they are hosted in you may have quite a strong case, though equally they may be hosted somewhere where the opposite is the case. Just remember if you do report it to only point out the relevant facts in a concise and official manner, they won't care if you are being insult. They may care if you explain that it is an invasion of your privacy or amounts to defamation of your character.

Best of luck.
      Last edited by TomJames; Thu 17 Mar '11, 3:26am.
      - TomJames

Comment

• Rondo365
        Banned
        • Mar 2011

Thank you for replies. The problem is that even if I stop doing that, if someone google my name, he will find that thread even in 5-6 years I think. Do I have a chance to ask google, maybe, to don't show that thread if someone put in google my name? Thank you very much.

Comment

• TomJames
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.8.x

Thank you for replies. The problem is that even if I stop doing that, if someone google my name, he will find that thread even in 5-6 years I think. Do I have a chance to ask google, maybe, to don't show that thread if someone put in google my name? Thank you very much.
          You can request Google remove an item from their search here, I haven't checked what they ask for yet but if you click web search they then have an option about 'My confidential personal information is appearing in search results' which your issue may come under.

Also, their host appears to be iweb.com, and one of their listed contact addresses is:

[email protected]

Which may be worth persuing if you feel that what they are doing is in violation of your privacy, and if they're hosted in Canada that may work as from what I remember reading they are quite strict on privacy issues.

Leaseweb is an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider offering dedicated servers, CDN, cloud hosting and hybrid cloud on a global network.

Hope that has helped, and good luck .

Edit: These links may also help:
          Remove a page or site from Google's search results
          Removal Requests
          Last edited by TomJames; Thu 17 Mar '11, 5:29am.
          - TomJames

Comment

• Rondo365
            Banned
            • Mar 2011

Thank you very much. Unfortunately with Google I can't do anything since it says first forum's admin has to remove the thread, google can just remove the page from researches after the post/thread is deleted. I have contacted iweb.com , but how do you know it's their host ? I wasn't able to find that out. If they won't answer I really don't know what to do anymore, please just check their last post http://limboclub.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=53 . I think this can't be allowed WHEREVER.
            Let's hope.
            Thank you.
            Matteo.

Comment

• TomJames
              • Feb 2006
              • 3.8.x

Thank you very much. Unfortunately with Google I can't do anything since it says first forum's admin has to remove the thread, google can just remove the page from researches after the post/thread is deleted. I have contacted iweb.com , but how do you know it's their host ? I wasn't able to find that out. If they won't answer I really don't know what to do anymore, please just check their last post http://limboclub.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=53 . I think this can't be allowed WHEREVER.
              Let's hope.
              Thank you.
              Matteo.
              The server stats on whois for their domain shows their ip location as Canada - iweb dedicated.
              The whois info for their ip address shows iWeb also.

Let us know how it goes, hopefully iWeb aren't happy to leave libelous material on their servers.
              - TomJames

Comment

• Rondo365
                Banned
                • Mar 2011

That's nice, thank you. Can I also have some informations about site admin ? Like name, address etc. Thank you.

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

That's nice, thank you. Can I also have some informations about site admin ? Like name, address etc. Thank you.
                  The domain is protected by a privacy service, so no.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Rondo365
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2011

Funny that the domain is protected by a privacy service and I'm not at all Thank you.

Comment

• Rondo365
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2011

We have won ! Probably the admin (who 2 days ago I should just f**k the shut up ) got a bit scared and he has decided to delete the whole thread. Now if you google my name you can still see my name linked with pedo_philie and something else but I hope it will be soon deleted from google too.
                      Thank you very much for all the support !
                      M. S.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 6.0.X

Those admins on there are really annoying. In fact they act like internet heroes instead of being the responsible admins like we all are on our own forums. Have had a lot of trouble with them in the past.
                        Many people don't bother posting on that site because of the weird nature of what goes on.
                        Some of them have told police. Some of them have reported them to vBulletin and some of them have reported them to the webmaster of the forum. Has anything happened? No.
                        They just don't give a rats about anyone or anything on there.
                        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
                          Has anything happened?
                          There are new members.
                          Welcome to our newest idiot, *****

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• aussiefooty
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 6.0.X

Nope. The thing is they won't do anything.
                            The only way to deal with this is to get the police to shut it down by filing a report with them.
                            http://limboclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79199&page=4
                            The admin who got me banned loves playing with the infraction system
                            Last edited by aussiefooty; Fri 18 Mar '11, 1:54pm.
                            Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva
                              The admin who got me banned loves playing with the infraction system
                              Or maybe it's because you broke their rules...
                              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...