X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

weather widget?

Investigated a lot but I can't find a resource for creating a special weather widget.
    I mean a widget listing some cities of the world like here (right on the bottom "world weather").
    Thanks for helping.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no Weather Widget in vB. You would have to create a custom one with either Static HTML or PHP Direct Execution. Try asking over at www.vbulletin.org for help.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

I know weather.com do a widget builder that you can copy and paste the code for into a widget but I've a feeling it's only for a single city (it's a little restricted outside the US...).
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• rootsxrocks
        • Aug 2009
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ramsesx
        Investigated a lot but I can't find a resource for creating a special weather widget.
        I mean a widget listing some cities of the world like here (right on the bottom "world weather").
        Thanks for helping.
        If you find one that will display local weather by the members location please let me know
        Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Thanks, yes there is no widget Steve, just looking for a code to place in. I did some hours of google and bing search but I can't find anything. Trevor, yes for single cities are enough sites available.
          @rootsxrocks, noted.

Comment

• Riasat
            • Aug 2006

Latest weather conditions and forecasts for the UK and the world. Includes up to 14-days of hourly forecast information, warnings, maps, and the latest editorial analysis and videos from the BBC Weather Centre.

search your city. click embed. copy paste code.

Each city has a different "code" against it. If you can find a list that matches all codes and their respective cities, using geoip you can create an add-on that will display weather based on visitor location.

or you can use something like this http://gormsby.com/opensource/geoipweather/

Comment

• jhooks
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CvP
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

search your city. click embed. copy paste code.

Each city has a different "code" against it. If you can find a list that matches all codes and their respective cities, using geoip you can create an add-on that will display weather based on visitor location.

or you can use something like this http://gormsby.com/opensource/www.exacthire.com
              Could you explain how to use that? Because I'd like to have a weather widget on my forum as well. I'm new to forum building, but I'm getting better.

Comment

• Riasat
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jhooks
                Could you explain how to use that? Because I'd like to have a weather widget on my forum as well. I'm new to forum building, but I'm getting better.
                create a new static html widget and paste codes in there.

I'm sorry I can't explain the second method. This involves rather complex codings and quite a bit of work which I can't afford atm. If I even make this, I'll release it to vb.org.

Comment

• jhooks
                  • Feb 2011

Okay, well thanks. That will just have to work for now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...