X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spinball
    • Oct 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
    Obviously significant effort and cost went into this... Does this mean your planned switch to XenForo is still a long ways away? Seems like a lot of work for something that's just going to be up a few months?
    We will take key elements of the new design (which isn't finished, by the way) with us to xenForo. The the cost of the design is not lost when we swap platforms.

Originally posted by Private_Ale
    if someone was actually paid to do it, they paid too much.
    The Complete vB guys. I couldn't recommend them in all honesty.

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
    Thanks for the calcification. I never noticed the slight difference in name.
    AVSForum have been around a lot longer than us and are a US based AV retailer who happened to launch an AV Forum which took off big style. David Bott (and others) have done a good job with AVSForum, I think.
    We at AVForums are UK based and do nothing but run the forum. We started after AVSForums so have less traffic, but given that we have a significantly smaller market, we will always be so, I think.

Either way, IB dropped the ball big style with vB4 and nothing I said over a year ago made a jot of difference.
    Last edited by Spinball; Wed 19 Jan '11, 11:07am.
    Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
    vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

Not bad. Not awesome yet. Surely some very cool elements.
      One of the best advancements I see is that you now have a lot of free space on forum index and forumdisplay. You could benefit form this by increasing thread title character limit. Or reduce the wasted space between subforum columns.

I always found the default forum icons butt ugly. Why not throw them overboard?
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• sensimilla
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jscieza
        Hi,

AVForums is a forum running vBulletin 3.8.2 but now it looks like XenForo in some parts: http://www.avforums.com/forums/index...=switch_to_exp

Why? From the announcement:

Interesting! I wonder how much Kier charges per hour of job. Maybe US$1,000?

Thank you,
        Jonathan
        better go buy vbulletin iphone app for 300 $ ROLFMAO
        StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
        Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

Can't actually see the announcement. In fact they have closed it off to the public.

Yeah looks dodgey.
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...