Opinions on vb forum serarchability compared to regular sites with a forum section

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenniferd
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

Opinions on vb forum serarchability compared to regular sites with a forum section

I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on this. I feel it's taking my forum a little while to get indexed.
    Last edited by jenniferd; Thu 17 Mar '11, 9:38pm.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

vBulletin itself is spidered just fine, the important thing to rmeember is that you need to have content google wants to spider. Can guests read your forums? Are there other sites linking to your site/forum?

Comment

• jenniferd
      • Dec 2010
      • 4.1.x

Yes, my site has a ton of information on it already. I just launched it and already have 10k+ posts and CMS content as well as members. I was late in the game submitting the site map to Google which I think may have affected the way the spiders crawled my site. I was wondering if I had used a different format combined with the forum if the spiders would have found me sooner without submitting a site map.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Doubtful, your data takes time to get into google, and google needs to think your site is worthy of being listed. vBulletin.com's posts and pages are spidered almost instantly every day, but the site has also been here for over 10 years now.

Comment