X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamieinNH
    • May 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
    Maybe the 10 people owning a xenforo license are still happy.
    Of course, we know that there are a lot more than 10 xF licenses, but telling the truth is a sign of weakness for some.. One thing we do know though it vB isn't as big as some would think.. sporting around 130,000 licenses for 10 years worth of work doesn't seem to be very large in my opinion.

Let's give xenforo a few years to compete with vB then let's try to tell people there are only 10 licenses out there...

Jamie

Comment

• steven s
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
      Maybe the 10 people owning a xenforo license are still happy.
      1 vB3 license
      2 vB4 licenses
      4 xenForo licenses
      I am not coming back.

Originally posted by JamieinNH
      Of course, we know that there are a lot more than 10 xF licenses, but telling the truth is a sign of weakness for some.. One thing we do know though it vB isn't as big as some would think.. sporting around 130,000 licenses for 10 years worth of work doesn't seem to be very large in my opinion.

Let's give xenforo a few years to compete with vB then let's try to tell people there are only 10 licenses out there...

Jamie
      vBulletin is plenty big. There are still plenty of 3.x sites and those will continue. Although there is no longer an income stream from those sites.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• JamieinNH
        • May 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by steven s
        1 vB3 license
        2 vB4 licenses
        4 xenForo licenses
        I am not coming back.
        *like*

Originally posted by steven s
        vBulletin is plenty big. There are still plenty of 3.x sites and those will continue. Although there is no longer an income stream from those sites.
        I understand what you're saying, but the 130,000 license is roughly the total number of active licenses and in my opinion isn't as large of a number as I would have guessed.. I would have thought they had a lot more users than that.

You are correct about the income stream.

Jamie

Comment

• Alfa1
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.8.x

I see many addon coders and a very large number of former vbulletin admins have moved away to XF and IPB. They still have vb4 licenses, so IB doesn't feel their departure yet. Its substantial for sure. Denying that is not realistic. But the vbulletin customer base is far from gone and there are still a lot of add on coders on vb.org.

Just now, in contrast to a year ago vbulletins competitors have an active addon community and a lot of new clients.
          Last edited by Alfa1; Wed 5 Jan '11, 6:34pm.
          I buy 420 forums

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Alfa1
            I see many addon coders and a very large number of former vbulletin admins have moved away to XF and IPB.
            That's true! I don't visit XenForo very often myself much, but did notice still that there are quite a few well known people from here there, who was known for being good coders. They are now very active creating mods for XenForo. One has even been working on a powerful gallery for it.

Comment

• SeeLand
              • Dec 2008
              • 4.1.x

vBulletin is the best, I never sell or convert.
              Forum Auto

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Originally posted by SeeLand
                That's fair enough, for you. But keep in mind that many felt that same way also a few years ago, look what's happened since?

Comment

• steven s
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SeeLand
                  Never say never.
                  Will you ever convert to vB4?
                  ...steven

Comment

• Aquazelf
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3.8.x

xF not only ripped off vB but they also go around looking for ideas from unpublished forum software (and sometimes even other kinds of software), and although theres no law against that, it is very cruel to the people who actually put some thought into those ideas

I mean to be fair they should at least wait until software is released before copying ideas

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

That's a tad slanderous.
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• steven s
                        • Jul 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Aquazelf
                        xF not only ripped off vB but they also go around looking for ideas from unpublished forum software (and sometimes even other kinds of software), and although theres no law against that, it is very cruel to the people who actually put some thought into those ideas

I mean to be fair they should at least wait until software is released before copying ideas
                        You are out of your f'n mind.
                        ...steven

Comment

• Aquazelf
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 3.8.x

How? I'm just saying what's true, that XF copies off ideas from announcements about the release of new software

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                            • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Aquazelf

Care to provide some examples?
                            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Leadcrow
                              • Oct 2010

If you really believe what you just said, I got a few bridges I'm willing to sell you.

Comment

• Aquazelf
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Well, I can't 100% prove that all the features were stolen but they always launch new features very soon after someone announces them in new software

Also, my friend who I just happened to mention XenForo to told me about it (I didn't even know he was into this forum software stuff) even though I had already figured it out

Also, I doubt I'll get infracted for this since I'm defending the software this forum was made for

@Leadcrow: What do you mean?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...