X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rnmcd
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.5.x

FTPing strips file

I've been trying to FTP images files to my website but the uploaded image file size is 0.

What could be stripping the file?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Server connection disrupted or a bad FTP client. Have you tried a different client?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rnmcd
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.5.x

I have tried FileZilla and then cPanel's File Manager. Each one stripped the file.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Are the file sizes fine on your computer? Then the only other explanation is a server issue. Try deleting those files, then reuploading. If you have the same problem, then you'll need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rnmcd
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.5.x

Could it be that my firewall or antivirus is stripping these files? I've read that someone with Norton had this problem and they had to turn off the antivirus when uploading. I am using kaspersky but, maybe, my issue is similar.

It seems like the antivirus would strip the file if it was being downloaded to my PC, not when it is being uploaded to my remote site...but I could be wrong.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

It is possible, but I've personally never heard of this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
              • May 2003

FileZilla has issues, on occasion, when the Transfer Mode is set to Auto. Try setting it to transfer only in Binary and see if it helps.

I had a few issues with PHP Files being uploaded/downloaded incorrectly and forcing Binary Transfer mode fixed it.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• deutsched
                • Nov 2010
                • 3.5.x

Is it a problem with all images in general, or only a specific image?
                If its with all images, then try using a different FTP client. I've been using SmartFTP for quite some years now, and it has been working perfectly well!
                If it still doesn't work with you, then try uploading from a different PC, with a different connection, and that doesn't have a firewall activated.
                If the problem persists, then its definitely something with your host, you should contact them with the problem.

Comment

• rnmcd
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 3.5.x

Embarrassingly, the fault is mine on this. It turned out that I had exceeded disk space usage with my host. Oddly, users were able to post and upload pics but FTPing a 100KB didn't work.

Thanks for the input and assistance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...