X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkB187
    • Oct 2010

How do I install this thing?

I do not know where else to post this so Im going to ask here. I have vBulletin 4 and a server but I have no idea how to install it. I really do not want to spend $150. Is there a guide that will tell me how to install it?
  • MsJacquiiC
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.8.x

The $150 install pricetag is rather ridiculous. vBulletin does come with install instructions though and it's not difficult to install, only a bit time consuming perhaps... At http://vbulletin.org there is a paid requests section for you to seek assistance from vB freelancers. I have sent you a PM - let me know if you're interested

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC
        The $150 install pricetag is rather ridiculous. vBulletin does come with install instructions though and it's not difficult to install, only a bit time consuming perhaps... At http://vbulletin.org there is a paid requests section for you to seek assistance from vB freelancers. I have sent you a PM - let me know if you're interested

Jacquii.
        You may want to read this:

Originally posted by Terms of Service
        Advertising Services and Solicitation

We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. Note: The only exception to this is for language pack submissions as described below.
        We do not allow selling vBulletin installation or upgrade services, as we offer this already, and we can not condone this type of service offered from anyone on the forums because of the potential security problems it brings up. You should never give out your vBulletin customer number or password to anyone, and you should not disclose server logins and/or passwords to anyone except through the vBulletin support system. We can not take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
        Offering paid services via PM is against the forum rules, please don't do it again.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.8.x

Ooops - I did not realize that - I only was offering to help - but I will not do that anymore on vB.com

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

Ooops - I did not realize that - I only was offering to help - but I will not do that anymore on vB.com
            Why twist his words into 'Dont PM people to help them'?

It's actually "Dont offer Paid Services via PM".
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

The problem is that this is the Chit Chat forum and is open to non-customers for posting. To be sure the user is a valid customer, they need to post in the proper support forum.
              Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 8 Oct '10, 4:00pm.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

I'm sure he is not but it could be that he want to install a pirated copy. Steve it could be an idea to add on those forums a notice that it's not meant for support because I think most of us often miss in what forum we post or read.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...