X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGATRONICATRON
    • Sep 2010

I have to disagree with you right here
    Originally posted by dieselpowered
    if you are searching for an answer to something, the answer will still be the same regardless of what the site looks like
    The answer will NOT be the same, IF the forum is what your " ANSWER " was pertaining too! BUT, if you answer was different and became different, AFTER, you seen the forum, then you'd have a much better understanding for the Aspects of it. It just really depends on your Audience, What you have to offer and most Importantly, the Quality of your forum! Those 3 ( Which could be Judgemental Facts ) are very Crucial because It's what "KEEPS" your members coming back to the forum, because they like it and find it worth there while..

Looks don't have much to it, but, It's the little things of course, that matter the most

Comment

• dieselpowered
      • Aug 2004
      • 4.2.X

What I am saying is that if you can go to a forum and find the answer to everything you need, you are not going to be that concerned with how the forums looks. Basically, you cannot always judge the quality of a site simply buy looks...kinda like the old saying, "You can't judge a book by its cover"

Lets say I do a fresh install and use the default skin...someone joins and asks a question, I answer that question for that member. Regardless if I use the default skin or design a different one, that answer is still the same...the design has nothing to do with the answer, that is what I was saying.
      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• SSSlippy
        • Jan 2006

The one team that has gone through a lot of effort is http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/

They did a good job of integrating drupal with vbulletin.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

That's also an older version of vB (3.8.3)
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• WendolM
            • Nov 2009
            • 3.8.x

here's mine styled, and on vB4...still holding steady (after much work!):

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by WendolM
              here's mine styled, and on vB4...still holding steady (after much work!):

http://yourghost.co.uk/
              Imagey!

I would imagine that updating that footer image to maintain compliance with the vB Copyright's going to prove troublesome.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• MEGATRONICATRON
                • Sep 2010

yourghost, is a pretty interesting website. But updating the footer is going to be a nifty one :>

Comment

• M.Scheel
                  • Sep 2001

Check this out: www.AdsenseExperts.com

A clean style with all the clutter removed so that the focus is purely on the content.
                  Michael Scheel
                  Facharzt für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin

Web: www.Kinderarzt-Cuxland.de
                  Facebook: Kinderarzt.Cuxland
                  Instagram: Kinderarzt.Cuxland

Comment

• AWS
                    • Apr 2000
                    • 5.2.x

Originally posted by StarBuG

A clean style with all the clutter removed so that the focus is purely on the content.
                    Who is the expert on the forum? Are they working for Google or is this just someone calling themselves experts because they made some money with adsense?

I agree the style looks good. I just don't see calling a site "whatever expert" as good unless there is actually experts lending advice. Sort of like a doctor site run by lawyers.
                    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• M.Scheel
                      • Sep 2001

Why do you need to be a Google employee to be called an Adsense Expert?
                      Read some articles I posted and you'll see that there is more to the "claim".
                      And of course the forum is about giving useful advice.

The reason for the forum is to network with people who know their way around Adsense
                      and share ideas on a more advanced level.
                      If you watch the big webmaster forums such as digitalpoint or webmasterworld most threads in their adsense
                      forum are newbie questions. To find the gold in these forums you have to read hundrets of threads.

I want to focus on really quality posts and skip all the "I got banned for invalid clicks... where can I buy another adsense account?" kind of crap.

I am also running medical forums but before you ask, yes I am a doctor

StarBuG
                      Michael Scheel

Comment

• PETTE
                        • Apr 2010

Great thread, I was also looking to see some examples of good and successful forums out there. I thought I should reply to subscribe to it.
                        Programming Forum || PHP Forum || Windows Forum

Comment

• AWS
                          • Apr 2000
                          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by StarBuG
                          Why do you need to be a Google employee to be called an Adsense Expert?
                          Read some articles I posted and you'll see that there is more to the "claim".
                          And of course the forum is about giving useful advice.

The reason for the forum is to network with people who know their way around Adsense
                          and share ideas on a more advanced level.
                          If you watch the big webmaster forums such as digitalpoint or webmasterworld most threads in their adsense
                          forum are newbie questions. To find the gold in these forums you have to read hundrets of threads.

I want to focus on really quality posts and skip all the "I got banned for invalid clicks... where can I buy another adsense account?" kind of crap.

I am also running medical forums but before you ask, yes I am a doctor

StarBuG
                          No I wouldn't ask and didn't know you ran a medical forum.

That's the problem. You will get the banned from adsense kind of posts. It will be hard to avoid that crowd. If you had someone from the adsense team as staff or at least as an active member giving advice then you'd have a better community. The quality you have now will eventually be watered down by the why was I banned and how can I cheat adsense people that will show up. Every community that has an adsense forum has those types of posts and the quality posts are buried.

Comment

• M.Scheel
                            • Sep 2001

I am currently thinking about how to deal with those kind of users / posts.
                            I don't want them on my forum and I think one way or another they will not be allowed.

As for the moment I don't think that any Adsense employee would register on my forum.
                            But I am someone that always has bigger plans in mind so watch out for it.
                            It is not impossible to get Adsense officials to work with us in the future

I am in the community building business for over 10 years now and I think I know what I am doing.
                            This would not be my first project that becomes a success.

But I always let the visitors decide.
                            If they like my content or service they will register and become part of my community.
                            If not I don't blame them.

Just out of curiosity , did you find any interesting topic for you on my forum?

StarBuG
                            Michael Scheel

Comment

• AWS
                              • Apr 2000
                              • 5.2.x

I scanned a few and they are well written. I'm ever the skeptic. I just know what I've seen on other such sites. I tend to rely on the adsense google groups when I have problems or talk with my adsense rep to get help with optimizing my revenue.

I wish you luck and hope you prove me wrong. I did bookmark it and will visit from time to time. Haven't registered yet though.

Comment

• MsJacquiiC
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin
                                Highly impressed with this style, the menu especially.
                                Thanks!

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...