azhlanbb - yet another forum system approaching?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pspmodandcfw
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

** created by a fly by night dev. That's the difference between xenforo.

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by AWS
      That's exactly what xenforo is at this point in time.
      ya but some people think it's the next best thing since sliced bread...lol
      I won't touch xen for at least a year, if not longer.
      I'd like to see Alan's site though, hope the forum is public soon
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• KW802
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by pspmodandcfw
        ** created by a fly by night dev. That's the difference between xenforo.
        Wait... who is the fly by night dev?
        [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by KW802
          Wait... who is the fly by night dev?
          I would assume they're referring to "azhlanbb" ?
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• bikemag
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.5.x

...and another old-new competitor: the Vanilla2 release in July 2010.
            Higher Logic Vanilla is the all-in-one community platform designed to help you and your customers succeed. Book a demo today!

Comment

• KW802
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Loco.M
              I would assume they're referring to "azhlanbb" ?
              That was my assumption as well but to flat out call somebody a "fly by night dev" needs just a little bit of backing to it.
              [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

• Alfa1
                • Dec 2005
                • 3.8.x

Has anybody actually seen this mysterious software with the unspeakable name and the red lion cartoon splash page?
                Regarding Vanilla 2: remind me again when Vanilla 8 or 9 is out. I do not see anything interesting there.
                I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alfa1
                  Has anybody actually seen this mysterious software with the unspeakable name and the red lion cartoon splash page?
                  Regarding Vanilla 2: remind me again when Vanilla 8 or 9 is out. I do not see anything interesting there.
                  Azz-Lan, from the Lion the witch and the wardrobe, aka The Chronicles of Narnia.

Comment

• Arkham
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Azz-Lan, from the Lion the witch and the wardrobe, aka The Chronicles of Narnia.
                    Exactly why I'd never even give that theoretical misfire a chance.

What's next: The Lion & the Which-other-forum-should-I-have-used-Forum? Smurforum? Eragonunity Boards? Snoopy-o-Pop? Transforum? (Oops, that's something else entirely...)

Comment

• Chousho
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Does anybody have any screen shots of azhlanbb? Apparently it's now password protected.

Originally posted by AWS
                      That's exactly what xenforo is at this point in time.
                      How so? I could imagine that being the case if it were being developed by people nobody had heard of, with us having no bearing for what their work could produce. However, that's not the case. Most of us are aware of the capability of the work they produce, and are anticipating that said quality from their past works will show through in their future ones.

Originally posted by Arkham
                      Exactly why I'd never even give that theoretical misfire a chance.

What's next: The Lion & the Which-other-forum-should-I-have-used-Forum? Smurforum? Eragonunity Boards? Snoopy-o-Pop? Transforum? (Oops, that's something else entirely...)
                      I take it you've never read Lewis' work? Comparing The Chronicles of Narnia with the Smurfs or Snoopy shows a bit of...
                      As well, the name Aslan is taken from the Turkish word for "lion".

Comment

• Alfa1
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 3.8.x

OK, so there is a Turkish Red Lion forum software out. Still sounds weird, but a lot better than TeletubbiesForumSoftware.
                        I buy 420 forums

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Chousho
                          Does anybody have any screen shots of azhlanbb? Apparently it's now password protected.

How so? I could imagine that being the case if it were being developed by people nobody had heard of, with us having no bearing for what their work could produce. However, that's not the case. Most of us are aware of the capability of the work they produce, and are anticipating that said quality from their past works will show through in their future ones.

I take it you've never read Lewis' work? Comparing The Chronicles of Narnia with the Smurfs or Snoopy shows a bit of...
                          It's always been password protected, but there are some "mockups" over at http://nexus.forumindustry.com/screenshots/downloads/
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Arkham
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Chousho

I've read the entire series and am familiar with it. I'm just chuckling at the use of it as a forum product name, is all.

Good luck with your product. My best suggestion would be to try to capitalize on the user-integration/API issues that competing products have. If you can develop something from the ground-up that is easily integrated with Joomla, WordPress, etc, then you'll have a good head start on everyone else.

Just please don't call it the Turkish Delight Interface, or Snow Queen Nexus, or anything like that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...