Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffinj
    • Apr 2006

Do you like/dislike current style?

This is not a debate/hatred thread. Please offer style suggestions in another thread if you can. If IB team feels this thread needs to be closed, please do so and sorry for the trouble. Don't ban me please.

Please vote whether you like or dislike the current style. This thread may help IB know how much percentage of their customers would like to see a new or revised style.
    40.54%
    Dislike
    59.46%
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic
  • Dream
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.6.x

Like, its straightforward, with good usability. Lacks some color though.
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• harmor
      • Aug 2003

I think it's too bright.

Comment

• badblu01
        • Feb 2004

its rubbish compared to the old one
        Cricket Talk
        All Your Aussie + World Cricket Talk

Comment

• anthonyparsons
          • Mar 2005

I think its much of a muchness really. Its a good base starter for customisation. I would like to see some evolution with code bloat removal, to aid future customisation. I believe we will see that with the rewrite though. Overall... it does the job as a base design. I believe this is where skinners come into play, being to obtain those more custom solutions.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

In short, I don't like it. And I think it's a shame because a truly great default theme can be such a plus factor for better sales. Yes, you can change and customise things to your on liking. But some people just want to use it as is, and can't be bothered with messing around changing things. Which all has to be undone again when upgrade time comes around and then put back again, maybe with more changes.

First impressions counts for a lot too. A forum can sell itself with a great default theme used liked by most people.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

People hated the vB2 colors.
              People hated the vB3 style on some aspect, esp the button
              People hate the vB4 style.
              People will hate vB5 style also.

Last edited by Zachery; Fri 2 Jul '10, 7:15pm. Reason: test edit, ...

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Actually, I liked the vB2 style. The only real one I liked right from the very off.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MRGTB
                  Actually, I liked the vB2 style. The only real one I liked right from the very off.
                  I said people, People also liked all of those styles. Its personal opinion. No matter what we did, not everyone would like it.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

Yes, I understand you cannot please everybody. But the aim should be to try and please as many as possible percentage wise. You have a vote poll attached to this thread. Maybe it might be worth keeping a close eye on how that goes much later down the line. If there is still a huge margin like now in people not liking it, that really should tell IB something, that they got the style wrong.

60/50 (in favour) - or even 50/50 is acceptable I guess. But when you see 70-30 or worse in favour of not liking it. It's time to sit and think more seriously if it is in fact the right theme to be used with vB4.

But, I would image so many changes have been made now to work right with the CMS and everything else. That there's simply no turning away now from sticking with it, no matter what.

Also, your never going to get proper feedback anyway in a thread like this posted by a member in the chit chat forum. If you wanted a realistic view, it would have to be posted as an announcement by a senior staff member like Adrian and advertised on the front-page - asking that everybody coming cast their honest vote about the theme. All you'll get in this is handful or replies before it's buried later below other chit chat added.

That's what always happens with these members vote polls.
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 1 Jul '10, 2:25pm.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                      • Mar 2005

I don't believe the voting options are actually credible, as you can only go yes or no, with no ability to measure undecided. Yes, No & Unknown then allows a full spectrum of capture by implementing the placebo effect, which every poll to be credible requires in order to remain non-biased to one or the other. You will always have people who sit on the fence, and the majority of those will walk away if having to go one way or the other, then some will just make a rash decision one way or the other because they want their option recognized.

I went yes, because I am not no, however; I'm also not really yes. I think its a starting point for me to then develop from. Take a look at the Joomla standard theme... would you really build a credible site with it? Drupal the same? Wordpress? Not typically done, so people style it the way they want it.

Can it be improved to ease user styling? Absolutely... and I certainly hope to see that from after the full rewrite.

Comment

• Lairston
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4.0.x

I really like the layout. It really sold me on vb4 when I saw it on dragonlanceforums.com. I like the login being up at the top and not taking up real estate further down also just think the layout is clean and says professional site rather then not.

The default colors on the other hand... meh.
                        Quarrels and Quills - always in need of more members
                        RPG Tools

Comment

• Loco.M
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.5.x

I voted "like"
                          although I like custom styles, so it really doesn't matter to me what the default style is, I would change it on my site regardless.
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                            • May 2003

I like it. Easier to create blocks of content than the old one.
                            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Micronichos
                              • Jun 2010

I like it
                              I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...