A certain vBulletin website needs to be shut down.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B.Obama
    • Jun 2010
    • 1.1.x

A certain vBulletin website needs to be shut down.

There is a site that runs on vBulletin called <removed> and it's very illegal. They have pirated games for download on that site. I can't believe that this site is still up and running. Whoever is in charge of vBulletin needs to take action immediately on this website. Thank you.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Sat 26 Jun '10, 7:45am.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by B.Obama
    There is a site that runs on vBulletin called <removed> and it's very illegal. They have pirated games for download on that site. I can't believe that this site is still up and running. Whoever is in charge of vBulletin needs to take action immediately on this website. Thank you.
    I believe that you should contact their hosting provider about this. vB can come into action if a site is using an illegal copy of their software.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Sat 26 Jun '10, 7:46am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Please report any suspect sites here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Thank you.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• birdie
        • Aug 2004

It has nothing to do with vBulletin and vBulletin can not take them down unless the copy of the vBulletin software they are using is an illegal version.

Comment

• B.Obama
          • Jun 2010
          • 1.1.x

So vBulletin will allow a site filled with pirated Wii games to stay up? Wow, my opinion of vBulletin has just dropped to the lowest of low.

Comment

• birdie
            • Aug 2004

What do you actually think vBulletin can do if they legally purchased the software from them?

Does Microsoft takes Micorsoft Word or Excel off you if you use it for an illegal activity? vBulletin and Microsoft and .... are just software makers, they are not the Internet Police.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

So vBulletin will allow a site filled with pirated Wii games to stay up? Wow, my opinion of vBulletin has just dropped to the lowest of low.
              We can and do comply with law enforcement agencys when we are required to. But we are not the internet police, we cannot and do not enforce our morals or laws (US/UK) on others.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...