When will this negativity about vb will stop?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bird-hawk
    • Jul 2010

its bothering me to

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I have never had the use for moving sent PMs from sent folder to another folder.
      And you CAN move the PMs from inbox into another (custom) folder.

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Floris
        I have never had the use for moving sent PMs from sent folder to another folder.
        And you CAN move the PMs from inbox into another (custom) folder.
        Perhaps when you will have a few thousand of them you will start wondering that why is it that
        such a primitive software as a free phpBB let you do both ways
        and such a SUPERIOR paid software as vB let you do only one way.
        Perhaps phpBB is not anymore primitive and vB is not superior anymore?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

You can imagine after being on this site, and having been on the vB team, I have sent quite a few of PM, and they have been more than a few thousand. More than a handful of thousands. And nope, I have no need for organizing them.

Maybe everybody just has different flavors, and that's why some users chose phpBB3 and some vBulletin.

phpBB3 isn't primitive, it's just not good enough for me. A few of those minor features that vB doesn't have, .. shrug, IPB has a few features that vB doesn't have. What I mind is that phpBB3 and IPB 3.1 etc, .. have not even half of the features that I constantly use on my sites.

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Floris
            More than a handful of thousands. And nope, I have no need for organizing them.
            I do,we have different needs.

With phpBB powered forums I can login automatically with the help of my password manager.
            With vBulletin 4.0.5 powered forum(vb.com) I cannot use it.
            They didn't bother to fix a once CRITICAL bug.
            "Report it to the bug tracker"? Again??? I do not bother.
            I don't even bother to download and upgrade my testforum with 4.0.5.
            I do not want to explain to my users that why they cannot login with their password managers.
            Perhaps 90% of the users have no need for this feature to function,I and 10% of them do.Selfish us.

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by beishe8
              I do,we have different needs.

With phpBB powered forums I can login automatically with the help of my password manager.
              With vBulletin 4.0.5 powered forum(vb.com) I cannot use it.
              They didn't bother to fix a once CRITICAL bug.
              "Report it to the bug tracker"? Again??? I do not bother.
              I don't even bother to download and upgrade my testforum with 4.0.5.
              I do not want to explain to my users that why they cannot login with their password managers.
              Perhaps 90% of the users have no need for this feature to function,I and 10% of them do.Selfish us.

wow i get to say something POSITIVE about vB.

my password manager has no problems loging me into vB.com or org never have during the vB4 series at all.

i use roboform and i can sync RF on this machine with my laptop and share my logins. new features ya gotta love em

Comment

• beishe8
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

Click image for larger version

Name:	vborg.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	3679647Click image for larger version

Name:	vbcom.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	3679646
                Originally posted by Mike Anime
                my password manager has no problems loging me into vB.com or org never have during the vB4 series at all.
                Mine is giving the attached result for .org and .com:

Comment

• slinky
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  If my posts are deemed "negative", so be it. There's lots to be negative about. I've proved over and over that I'll post positively about things which are positive, BUT many customers feel they have been cheated by being cajoled into paying for vB4 before they'd seen it, off the back of the previous version's reputation, and it turned out to be a donkey. The cynics amongst us might say that was always entirely the point of the "closed beta", not letting people see it. But it all backfired.
                  This is exactly the problem people. The vBulletin GM here one day told all of us we could no longer update our expiring vB3 forums like we had since... 2004. Mark B. nails it (a) my only choice to get vb 3 updates was to pay $130 -210 for vB 4, and (b) I was not allowed to see the closed vB 4 beta. The GM who ran the whole presale left vBulletin right after the record sales were announced to the press.

Originally posted by MRGTB
                  To be fair though Mark, they have changed the pricing stucture for vB3 upgrades now. Have you read it?
                  This actually makes the situation worse. The update was $30 in 2008. Without warning in 2009 I was not allowed to buy it for $40. How is paying $50 to buy updates for a dead product being fair? Either way, the 3.8.x series differences are so small I'm not going to do it and, anyone who does so probably won't ever upgrade to vB 4 since the $50 isn't discounted from an eventual upgrade.

Anyways, I've pointed out some of these things out in the hope that Adrian realizes the situation and what may need to be done to keep the peace and try to do his job effectively. He's got a tough job and my sympathies. See you guys, I'm off to get real work done.... best of luck with your forums!
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...