When will this negativity about vb will stop?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by borbole
    Ah forget about it. I won''t bother anymore cause with you guys, (vb haters), there is no reasoning. Of course you will agree and approve with everything said or done against vb.

P.s. But I bet if someone did the very same thing to your forums, coming there and trying to steer potential customers or members in some cases, away to the competition, you wouldn''t be so understanding and such. You will start to sing in a different tune.

P.p.s. If such crap was posted at that other "good" forum, you would have caught a ban immediately there btw.

Anyway, over and out of these kind of discusions for me. It ain''t worth it.

if he HAD said go to IPB or wordpress then that would have been wrong. seeing he never mentioned any platform at all then no there is no problem. if you had a big board and had to manually reset EVERY password yourself would you not want to know?

a lot of us do not hate "vB" we hate how it is "being killed slowley" without going into detail in so many ways i have been with vb for a long time and i and others just hate to see things being run into the ground

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

Ah forget about it. I won''t bother anymore cause with you guys, (vb haters), there is no reasoning. Of course you will agree and approve with everything said or done against vb.

P.s. But I bet if someone did the very same thing to your forums, coming there and trying to steer potential customers or members in some cases, away to the competition, you wouldn''t be so understanding and such. You will start to sing in a different tune.

P.p.s. If such crap was posted at that other "good" forum, you would have caught a ban immediately there btw.

I am definitely NOT a vb hater. But I do realize there are things going on with the current state of vb that are wrong, no matter how you look at things.

Fan-boy posts are just as irritating as vb hater posts. Neither one of those kinds of posts really belong here as they serve no real purpose on getting vb out of the rut it seems to have gotten itself into since IB took over and back on the road to recovery.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• DoE
        • Sep 2007

Barbole: +1 Rep for saying you had enough. I had enough of this as well. With that said, I have to agree, Abomination did not point anyone to go elsewhere. The topic starter asked a question that was pretty important to him/her, and if it is that important they should be informed that there is another platform that can meet their needs. That's credibility.

Mike: REMOVED
        Last edited by Trevor Hannant; Fri 9 Jul '10, 12:39am.

Comment

• jonsidneyb
          • Mar 2006

What gets me is people like this one who stoop very low with these kind of non ethical actions.

Trying to steer away the potential customers to the competition. I mean what is up with such behaviour? I get that some of you guys are very unhappy with vb but this kind of nonsense must have a limit.
          Hold on. The subject passwords carrying over from SMF was mentioned. The only thing he said was that the password could be moved over on another board.

He didn't say vB sucks or anything like that. He made a statement of fact and that is all. There are pros and cons to everything. Indeed password do not convert over from SMF in vB. Someone made a post that implied that is not a big issue. It is a big issue but I made to choice to do it anyway.

I was told that getting the passwords moved over was impossible. I didn't realize they meant for vB. Back then I would have done it anyway not having gone through that with my members. Was the password thing the end of the world? No but it was a major thing to deal with.

He did no bashing...he just made statements of fact from they way I see it.

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by DoE
            Mike: the fact that you are promoting IPB so blatantly in your signature here makes you come across as a complete ass.
            I don't think using the words "complete ass" is really called for but I do agree it doesn't look good on Mike's part.
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

People can use more than one forum software type though. Nobody says you must use IPB or vBulletin, but not both. I suppose I'm going to get slated now because I advertise WordPress in my signature. Or does that not count because it's not forum software?

Originally posted by Boofo
              Fan-boy posts are just as irritating as vb hater posts. Neither one of those kinds of posts really belong here as they serve no real purpose on getting vb out of the rut it seems to have gotten itself into since IB took over and back on the road to recovery.
              Agreed.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 8 Jul '10, 1:59pm.

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

Ah, I wasn't aware it said that. Yeah, that is quite different and blatant advertising.

I though it might have been just like my signature link, "Nicks Forums" etc. But he was using IPB Forum software.

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by MRGTB
                  Ah, I wasn't aware it said that. Yeah, that is quite different and blatant advertising.

I though it might have been just like my signature link, "Nicks Forums" etc. But he was using IPB Forum software.
                  I think Mike does that more to piss people off than anything else, to be honest about it.

Comment

• rajubd
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 4.1.x

vb much better then ipb. but if you compair price ipb must be winner. if vb price it like ipb i think vb will win all aspect.
                    MobilePhoneTalk.Com - Mobile Phone Community Powered By EuroVPS.Com

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

i added the ipb stuff here and at other forums i belong to. aswell as a link to my site i have always done this no matter what software i used.

when people pm me about my sig i tell them why i moved to ipb then tell them if they are on the fence about both softwares to try out both demos and choose the one they like best.

when someone asks for an opinion its clear what i like more.

when someone asks does vb have this or that i tell them yes or no.

when someone asks wich is easier to convert to in this its a tie.

you know it kills me to see the likes of threads like this one here as it says what vB has become. if vb4 didnt turn out so bad and the issues with staff giving rather flip answers to even tech related questions i would have simpley back peddled back to vb3 but since the switch things have gone so downhill i thjought it was time for a change.

i do NOT hate vB lets be clear about this i just hate how vB4 turned into a huge letdown for so many that even skinners eather closed up shop or picked up other software and left vB for good or at least till they were 100% sure the stylevar issues were gone.

all this being said i vow once vB4 becomes the gold product a LOT of us were expecting i will delete most of the ipb links from my sig.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Enough of the name calling please...
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• dieKetzer
                          • Jun 2000
                          • 1.1.x

vb hater? ive supported vb since its inception. you would not believe the number of licenses i sold for jelsoft.
                          perhaps the reason you dont share my dim view of the current situation is because you lack any sense of vbulletins history; the way things used to be. maybe because you havent watched what was the pinnacle of forum software reduced to ****.
                          i dont post in presales, but it is a constant tempation. do you have any idea how bad it makes me feel to say nothing when people are asking about 'updating' their 3.8 to 4.x? i dont think you do.

Into the Void

Comment

• Mike Anime
                            • Oct 2004
                            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by dieKetzer
                            vb hater? ive supported vb since its inception. you would not believe the number of licenses i sold for jelsoft.
                            perhaps the reason you dont share my dim view of the current situation is because you lack any sense of vbulletins history; the way things used to be. maybe because you havent watched what was the pinnacle of forum software reduced to ****.
                            i dont post in presales, but it is a constant tempation. do you have any idea how bad it makes me feel to say nothing when people are asking about 'updating' their 3.8 to 4.x? i dont think you do.

for me the negitivity stops here as proof of that check this thread out http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Ok-it-is-time

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                              Enough of the name calling please...

thanks but i did have it coming latley

Oops this was supposed to go into my last post not a new one

Comment

• wcguy
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Click image for larger version

Name:	morale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	3679620

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...