When will this negativity about vb will stop?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

It doesn't matter, it's very very very unlikely they will enforce that clause.

Comment

• Boofo
      • Apr 2002
      • 4.1.x

To add to my point, there are some "older" kids, as I call them, that have the same manners as the younger ones. It's a gimme, gimme world these days.
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• understated
        • Feb 2010

Nice Troll.

Comment

• Boofo
          • Apr 2002
          • 4.1.x

Which means...???
          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by understated
            Nice Troll.

if you mean your post then yes.

--------------------------------------------

to the topic at hand i feel burned by IB so I moved on to greener pastures.

yes i have trolled from time to time here but i keep it in check these days.

i have even posted in a few presales topics here all without trying to take vB customers away.

i have told some to try the IPB AND vB demos and then decide what they wanted, however those OPs were asking wich platform would do better for them.

yes i have IPB listed in my sig but most people ignore that fact

as to the under 18 thing MANY kids have credit cards linked to their parents accounts so yes some kids will use them to purchase vB (or whatever) it is up to the parents to make sure the kids make good decissions on purchases.

one thing is too many parents have no idea what their kids are up to and thats a problem that will come to bite us in the butt in time.

Comment

• ChopSuey
              • Apr 2009

Why you being so negative about us? Hehe.

I really hope i'll be able to like vB4. But then im not messing with vB4 code like i move vb3 code easily. The new one breaks too much when i put this over there an so on..

Comment

• we_are_borg
                • Aug 2004
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Floris
                The EULA from vBulletin 4 states that nobody under 18 is allowed to access, buy, download or use vBulletin 4.

So I assume that older customers are mature enough now, and new customers are too. And otherwise have parents granting them permission to post like a donkey.
                Thats not true some one below 18 can buy the software when a parent or guardian accepts the agreement.

By installing, copying, accessing, downloading or using the Software (or authorizing any other person to do so) you are indicating that you are 18 years of age or older (any parent or guardian of a person under the age of 18 may accept this Agreement on behalf of a user), are capable of entering into a binding legal agreement, have read and understand this Agreement and you accept its terms and conditions.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by borbole
                  When will this negativity about vb will stop?
                  This will finally stop if vb4 is gaining back the crown for the leading forum software and we all can be proud again to use this script. I can understand that a lot of former vbulletin lovers changed to vbulletin haters what's really sad but often the case when there's a lot of love in the game.

Originally posted by Floris
                  I agree that the negativity feeds others, it is easy to read their posts and get provoked to participate yourself. I also agree staff could be a bit more stern with an infraction if someone is just posting over and over again in all threads just to spread negativity because they're unhappy (and have already expressed themselves).

Constructive feedback should always be welcome, positive AND negative. And it shouldn't be hidden and archived. But disruptive posting is not in the spirit of a community. An argument might be valid, but if someone posts: I like flowers, and someone replies: WAR IS BAD, everywhere .. it's called trolling and they get banned.
                  Well said Floris.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                    • Mar 2005

I went to give you rep on that Scott, and unfortunately it told me I had to spread it around... +1

Once I have spread it round enough, I am coming back for this one to rep it...
                    Last edited by anthonyparsons; Mon 21 Jun '10, 10:52pm.

Comment

• Boofo
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 4.1.x

Well said, Scott, but when there are so many bugs and the simple ones keep getting missed or passed over, you start to lose faith in the whole system of things. Back in the good old days of vb 3.5, things like this didn't go on as long as they have now. We need to get back to that time again.

Comment

• wrx1
                        • Nov 2009

Some of the negativity will stop when the simple things get fixed. I am getting ready to start cruising the complain boat as well, because I should not have to fix a file just to upgrade my system. As it currently sits, I have 5-6 file/code fixes that need to happen to my test site just to make it usable. They are known issues, hell at this point they even have their own sticky thread in the troubleshoot area. But for some reason, *I* have to make these simple changes to almost get a working product. Not working to my standards, just WORKING. I would have thought that 4.0.4 going through QA for 4+ weeks these simplest of things would have been found and fixed. I guess the new motto is just make the user fix it and VB will worry about maybe adding it to the next release. I feel sorry for the people who can't go in and make the simple file changes to get their sites up and running to even begin looking for the next group of problems.

Russ

Comment

• ~kev~
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 3.8.x

The amount of negative post are annoying - I have to agree with that. Sometimes things are taken a little too far and it turns into a vbulletin bashing free for all. Which I think is un-professional.

However, I do feel that the previous management of vbulletin, and not internet brands needs to be taking the brute of the criticism. I have been a vbulletin customer for a little over 3 years. In that time, I have seen the project fall further and further behind. But then again, vbulletin was already years behind when I bought the license - I just did not know it at the time.

I dont think its fair to bash the current management for the mistakes of the previous management. That is like beating a dead horse - its not going to do any good, its in the past, there is nothing really to talk about. The only solution I see, is for the current management to step up, and put some serious development into vbulletin.

Is its internet brands fault that jelsoft refused to develop a content management system? No, its not.

Is its internet brands fault that jelsoft refused to listen to their customers? No, its not.

Is its internet brands fault that jelsoft did not keep vbulletin up to date with current internet trends? No, its not.

I see no reason to point my finger at the people who work at internet brands, and say "its your fault for ,,,,,," - when its really the fault of the previous management.

Place the blame where it belongs - on the head of the management / ceo / previous owner of jelsoft. Because they are the ones that refused to listen to the customers.

It appears to me that Internet Brands is trying to take vbulletin in a 21st century direction (unlike the management of jelsoft). Just give it some time and things will work out for the better in the long run.
                          survival gear forum

Comment

• Alfa1
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Jelsoft was falling behind. That's true and that was clearly voiced to Jelsoft back then. I do not think that is what caused the vb4 problems. I think the negativity will stop when vb4 is in order and IB starts to win trust of its customers. It's already moving somewhat in the right direction.
                            I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Loco.M
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3.5.x

trolls will always be around, they're everywhere!
                              just ignore them and move on
                              -- Web Developer for hire
                              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Brandon_R
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

The negativity will stop when there isn't anything negative about vB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...