When will this negativity about vb will stop?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

When will this negativity about vb will stop?

Is anyone else bothered by that or it is just me? It seems like this kind of thing is popping up in every thread now and it is getting extremly annoying and irritating to say the least.

For ex, when someone posts that he is very happy and impressed with the vb, all those whinners will jump in ruing the thread with their off topic million time said rubbish like how vb is not good, like how this is bad or that terrible etc etc.

The vb staff is way too tolerant with these kind of posts/users in my opinion. If those people posted such rubbish at other forums, then they would have got banned a long time ago. So it would be much better if all those unhappy users either stop whining like a cry baby all the time&everywhere, or change forum and go irritate some other community with their negativity because some people will never be happy/satisfied with something no matter what. There will be always something that they will complain/moan about.

I don''t want to come over as rude or anything like that, but the thing is all this negativity about vb floating around here is getting so depressing. It is taking away all the join and fun to log in here and have a good time.
  • Yves R.
    vBulletin QA
    • Nov 2003
    • 5.6.X

It seems vBulletin 4.0.4 is the first release which have less negativity than previous releases.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• Deadly Stream
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by borbole
      The vb staff is way too tolerant with these kind of posts/users in my opinion. If those people posted such rubbish at other forums, then they would have got banned a long time ago.
      There's a big difference between here and other forums though, most other forums are a place for discussion about a certain topic or topics, this forum however is for discussion of a product and a product that people have paid for.

If the staff here started banning people for saying they hate the product, that gives the fire more fuel and it will burn harder - In the long run, although it is bad, letting people moan in every other thread is probably far better than banning people for stating their opinion.
      Epic sunburn!

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Deadly Stream
        There's a big difference between here and other forums though, most other forums are a place for discussion about a certain topic or topics, this forum however is for discussion of a product and a product that people have paid for.

If the staff here started banning people for saying they hate the product, that gives the fire more fuel and it will burn harder - In the long run, although it is bad, letting people moan in every other thread is probably far better than banning people for stating their opinion.
        The thing is that all that negativity is beyond the point of being an opinion anymore. It is getting more like an irritating troll flaming bahaviour.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
          • Sep 2001

Borbole -- when a vast majority of your customers are pissed off, then something is obviously wrong and that something needs to be addressed.

In this case, vbulletin screwed up many many things. Then they made a lot of promises to fix those things and those promises never happened. Then they screwed up even more things. So yes, customers that paid for a working product are obviously, and understandably, upset. If vbulletin team doesn't want to deal with it -- they can certainly issue refunds to those who feel the product isn't up to par but they chose not to for the most part.

This isn't magic -- its clear and simple cause and effect at work.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Deadly Stream
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by borbole
            The thing is that all that negativity is beyond the point of being an opinion anymore. It is getting more like an irritating troll flaming bahaviour.
            I have to admit that at first I was very anti vbulletin, mainly because of that stupid presale event but now I realise that in my opinion, vbulletin is still the best available.

Anyways, annoying as it is, banning people will do more damage to the company than allowing the posts. In the end it's just annoying and the people who complain in each thread that has a tiny opening to complain in will end up making themselves look like complete arses.

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
            Borbole -- when a vast majority of your customers are pissed off, then something is obviously wrong and that something needs to be addressed.

In this case, vbulletin screwed up many many things. Then they made a lot of promises to fix those things and those promises never happened. Then they screwed up even more things
            If people are well and truly that upset and disappointed in vbulletin then it's a shame but they can leave, there's nothing forcing them to keep using vbulletin and posting here.

With all the various other forum scripts and converters available these days, it's not hard to change the software on your site.
            Epic sunburn!

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
              • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Deadly Stream
              If people are well and truly that upset and disappointed in vbulletin then it's a shame but they can leave, there's nothing forcing them to keep using vbulletin and posting here.

With all the various other forum scripts and converters available these days, it's not hard to change the software on your site.
              Sure, right after the vbulletin team refunds these people the money they spent on a solution that doesn't work as promised.
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Deadly Stream
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                Sure, right after the vbulletin team refunds these people the money they spent on a solution that doesn't work as promised.
                After all these months? To be fair to vbulletin there aren't many companies, online or offline, that would offer refunds to customers after this amount of time.

Also remember that the price we paid wasn't just for the software, it was for updates as well. Give the developers time to work on it - It's not like we'll have to pay again when things are right.
                Epic sunburn!

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

I agree that the negativity feeds others, it is easy to read their posts and get provoked to participate yourself. I also agree staff could be a bit more stern with an infraction if someone is just posting over and over again in all threads just to spread negativity because they're unhappy (and have already expressed themselves).

Constructive feedback should always be welcome, positive AND negative. And it shouldn't be hidden and archived. But disruptive posting is not in the spirit of a community. An argument might be valid, but if someone posts: I like flowers, and someone replies: WAR IS BAD, everywhere .. it's called trolling and they get banned.

Comment

• borbole
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Floris
                    I agree that the negativity feeds others, it is easy to read their posts and get provoked to participate yourself. I also agree staff could be a bit more stern with an infraction if someone is just posting over and over again in all threads just to spread negativity because they're unhappy (and have already expressed themselves).

Constructive feedback should always be welcome, positive AND negative. And it shouldn't be hidden and archived. But disruptive posting is not in the spirit of a community. An argument might be valid, but if someone posts: I like flowers, and someone replies: WAR IS BAD, everywhere .. it's called trolling and they get banned.
                    Very well said Floris

Comment

• Boofo
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 4.1.x

Well, when you pay the kid of prices we are paying for vb 4, then I think that gives you a right to voice your opinion if you are not satisfied with the progress of the software. True, you need to do it with a little more style than a lot of the posts have been, but you have to remember, too, there are a lot of kids and younger people running vb now and we all know what comes with that. Also, when the vb team makes the kind of silly coding mistakes it has been making lately, that makes you wonder what is going on behind the scenes.
                      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Floris
                        • Dec 2001

Boofo, there's a difference with posting to cause trouble, vs, participating on topic providing opinion, observation, and constructive feedback.

Comment

• Boofo
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 4.1.x

Floris, how many kids do you know that know the difference?
                          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Boofo
                            Floris, how many kids do you know that know the difference?
                            The EULA from vBulletin 4 states that nobody under 18 is allowed to access, buy, download or use vBulletin 4.

So I assume that older customers are mature enough now, and new customers are too. And otherwise have parents granting them permission to post like a donkey.

Comment

• Boofo
                              • Apr 2002
                              • 4.1.x

And you believe everyone that says they are 18 on the net? How many licensees are under 18 on the org, and have admitted it in the past?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...