Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

Google Caffeine Has Rolled Out Further

I have now noticed in the last couple of days, Caffeine is most definitely upon the datacentre I access being in Australia. Until a few days ago, latest content NEVER showed immediately on the front page of Google results. When I do a search on a title phrase written say here, within 1 - 6 hours, it is sitting on Googles homepage, and then drops off as it ages.

Google have most definitely continued rolling this onto other datacentres... which will now also see spikes in traffic for any website that has current content, ie. forums, active blogs, etc. The more active a community is, the better they will now do within search results over completely stale content.
  • Dream
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.6.x

Whats Google Caffeine?
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Dream
      Whats Google Caffeine?
      It's Google's next generation search engine. They had been testing it for awhile and it's now beginning to roll out globally. It's supposed to a faster algorithm, improved over from what they had been using previously.
      To be updated...

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

Primarily it focuses upon removing stale, old content from the SERPS and filling them with fresh content, ie. any type of site that delivers a constant stream of new content will see improvement, those who have just builtup lots of links to secure a homepage listing, will drop out if the content is not fresh or has a fresh component to the site, ie. a static business site with a blog attached that employee's are posting upon.

Comment

• Dream
          • Mar 2001
          • 3.6.x

Will that change PR link exchange? That would be nice. IE pages that exchange links to get higher PR and rank in the index.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.8.x

I must say, i love the name ! : D
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• MRGTB
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Dream
              Whats Google Caffeine?
              They give you a free coffee now when you use there search engine. Don't expect a Latte though!

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                • Mar 2005

That's pretty funny MRGTB... we could all ask them if sugar is standard or not! Does it come with a cookie?

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
                  That's pretty funny MRGTB... we could all ask them if sugar is standard or not! Does it come with a cookie?
                  I don't think so...
                  Maybe a banana:yes!

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Dream
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 3.6.x

How do I know my country has Caffeine?

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                      • Mar 2005

Create a new thread here with a specific title, then do a search on part of that title between 6 - 8hrs later, and if it shows up on the homepage, it is likely Caffeine is running on the datacentre you access. The old method was to progressively allow new content to come upwards, now it is vice versa, being that Caffeine's aim is to how more new content on the homepage, mixed with high quality existing content, and then drop content off that doesn't become "high quality" content.

You have to be monitoring Google results to really tell. You need to review the results for recent content dominating the homepage results, mixed with older, more reliable content.

Comment

• Dream
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 3.6.x

Ok thanks Anthony hope my sites don't fall off the search

Comment

• goyo
                          • Dec 2002

Sorry Anthony but frequently updated websites (I'm not talking about well known sites...sites with only pagerank 3) content appearing in Google in well under 1 hour (not 6-8 hours) for years now...so I'd couldn't figure it out if my Google is Caffeinated just by judging by that factor. Thanks for trying though...

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
                          Create a new thread here with a specific title, then do a search on part of that title between 6 - 8hrs later, and if it shows up on the homepage, it is likely Caffeine is running on the datacentre you access. The old method was to progressively allow new content to come upwards, now it is vice versa, being that Caffeine's aim is to how more new content on the homepage, mixed with high quality existing content, and then drop content off that doesn't become "high quality" content.

You have to be monitoring Google results to really tell. You need to review the results for recent content dominating the homepage results, mixed with older, more reliable content.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                            • Mar 2005

Think of Google turning into a newsfeed of sorts, but not quite as rapid, though still having authority sites as permanent placements until something with more authority comes along. When you build a page it usually will hit direct for the specific term quickly, however; that is not what I said above. Do a search on a partial part of the title, not a direct search quoting the entire title.

Comment