Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

Users Just Don't Like Getting A Broken Message

Playing around on the server tonight doing things I don't necessarily understand, but jumped in feet first regardless, and the end result was that I somehow broke WHM / Cpanel and the host had to get them to fix it. Guess that's why I have managed hosting vs. DIY.

I think it had more of a crap fight itself, as I was only trying to remove some accounts, doing a little server tidyup...

Interesting how upset some people get though when the server goes down! They go into a mad panic when they don't have access to a forum. :-)
  • Biker
    • Oct 2003

Be thankful they just didn't re-image your server! I've seen some providers use that to fix user caused boo-boo's.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

When we first started our site, the users were hyper-sensitive anytime the server had problems and they couldn't access the site. The old site that many of us had met on, was constantly going down because the owner would forget to pay the server bill. So, if our site went down, that was everyone's first thought. It's been over five years now and they are much more calm whenever something happens now. Now it's "there goes Lynne doing something wrong to the servers again".

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...