Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

The Copying Of Ideas

I was just reading about the new IPB release, and notice how they suddenly have the vBulletin template merge system now as an added new feature. It seems IPB do still copy vb very much.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
    I was just reading about the new IPB release, and notice how they suddenly have the vBulletin template merge system now as an added new feature. It seems IPB do still copy vb very much.
    I wish if vB followed them and copied all their good things.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

is it really a surprise with the sudden influx of vB to IPB customer switches going on latley?

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

I think both sides to some degree take away ideas from each other (that competition I guess). Although I must admit that since IPB3 came out, they do seem to be taking all the best features from vBulletin 3 very fast indeed now and putting them in IPB 3. Just a pity most have been copied and added - half baked!

Comment

• anthonyparsons
          • Mar 2005

Yer... I would hate to see IPB go back through another transitional period due to rushed implementation again... they learnt and came through, now VB are going through their phase, and I am looking forward too about two years time when they really start going at one another, back to a real battle between the boards again.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Another interesting fact that I've noticed. Is a few IPB Developers are using Twitter to punt at vBulletin customers. I won't mention no names, but it is happening and working! I've seen a few well know vBulletin customers who use Twitter getting friendly with one particular IPB Developer, and they ended-up moving over to IPB as a result of it.

I'm seeing some very crafty marketing going on in Twitter by IPB.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
              • Mar 2005

It does seem to be the tool of the trade lately. Was just watching a few people losing their jobs after the awards here in Australia the other night, for all the TV stars. A reporter and another clown started mouthing off on Twitter... it travelled, and now they both have no jobs. All within a couple of days. Pretty powerful tool that one.

Comment

• punchbowl
                • Nov 2006
                • 4.0.x

they basically got given a highly motivated focus group when vb went gold

they'll be adding groups soon, I'd guess.

Comment

• Dean C
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Who cares who was first or who took what idea from who? Inspiration is the greatest compliment you can have as a developer.
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                    • Sep 2001

iirc, IPB has more features than vbulletin at this point in time.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

ipb has been beta testing 3.1 for three weeks after being in AQ for about as long. looks as if ipb learned their lesson about rushing the process a while ago.

if/when IB learnes this lesson they will really be doing something.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...