X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leftie
    • Sep 2004

Firefox and FireFTP.

Hi folks,
    I've always used Ipswitch ftp pro and IE but i've had a new laptop and want to try something new.
    Has anyone used FireFTP with Firefox, does it upload VB files ok and can it handle server to server transfers.
    I'm looking for a good free programme as i can't really afford a paid version just yet.
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Probably the best software to use to upload files is FileZilla. It's a free app and does a lot more. Plus, there's no trial system, like most ftp programmes.

You could use your file manager on your server, but that's not fully reliable.
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• borbole
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Homeworld'sa
      Probably the best software to use to upload files is FileZilla. It's a free app and does a lot more. Plus, there's no trial system, like most ftp programmes.

You could use your file manager on your server, but that's not fully reliable.
      I second this about FileZilla as well. One of the best ftp programs out there.

Comment

• leftie
        • Sep 2004

Thanks, i'll give it a go.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.8.x

CuteFTP Pro - Myself, I have found it to have socket errors in many systems I use, this was in CuteFTP Pro builds released after September..
          FileZilla - Okay, but lacking complex features I really need.. Its good for diagnostics though!
          Ipswitch - I was surprised you have to pay for it now, looks promising..
          SmartFTP Pro - Currently using, it was approximately $50.00 / year.. The Local and remote browser features are amazing, along with SSH/Terminal use. Love the drag and drop in any of the open Local and Remote browser windows.. :-))
          Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Wed 17 Mar '10, 10:52am.
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• beishe8
            • Oct 2005
            • 4.2.X

I'm using FileZilla,it is a good client but do not expect it to do server to server transfers.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Loco.M
              • Mar 2005
              • 3.5.x

I've always used flashfxp
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• badblu01
                • Feb 2004

I have used flashfxp for years now
                Cricket Talk
                All Your Aussie + World Cricket Talk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...