Our new site running VB 4 Publishing Suite...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razasharp
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by predatortalk
    P.S. - Our site is a predator hunting site. These are the same animals that kill humans, and take babies and dogs from their backyards. Keep fighting for their "rights" if you want.
    How civilised and evolutionary of you. They're animals. We're humans. We're supposed to be more intelligent. Not to mention compassionate and considerate.

In my book conservation doesn't mean keeping something alive so YOU can kill it!!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
      • Apr 2001

In my book conservation doesn't mean keeping something alive so YOU can kill it!!
      Over population?
      I'm guessing England doesn't experience this much, but in some areas Deer over populate and they need to be thinned out, or too many will die off. This is called conservation.

Comment

• kyrgyz
        • Oct 2007

Conservation is a nice excuse for wildlife slaughter in many cases. Please, read this page in entirety:

e.g. 50,000 deer killed illegally per year, add to it 25,000-30,000 deer taken down by legal hunting, in California alone. See the ratio? And that's just deer.

Comment

• predatortalk
          • Feb 2010

Deer are a source of FOOD! Do you only eat greens? Even if that's the case, you have no problem killing a plant? You should be ashamed!

You PETA type's are impossible to reason with. Literally impossible.

Why not read this site, it's our "Share the Harvest" program that helps feed the hungry. Also, in southern missouri poor farmers feed their families with the deer they harvest, because they can't afford to do it any other way. They're too busy raising crops for little or no profit so that inconsiderate people like you can eat!

In the real world, people who interfere with hunting are arrested. I wish every online forum followed a similar set of rules. There is no place for people talking out about hunting or fishing.

Comment

• predatortalk
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Razasharp
            Ummm.... if we didn't hunt them, we might not even have them! The numbers have to be kept in check, or the population would be overrun with disease and other issues. By hunting, we are CONSERVING the species!

Word of advice, if you know NOTHING about a subject, it's usually better to keep your mouth closed. Otherwise you look like a fool.

Comment

• kyrgyz
              • Oct 2007

Deer are a source of FOOD!
              Are you saying hunting is primarily for providing food to hunters' families?

Comment

• predatortalk
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by kyrgyz
                Are you saying hunting is primarily for providing food to hunters' families?
                Well i've personally never met a deer hunter who doesn't either eat the deer himself, or give it to someone who does. For many, a single deer can provide MANY meals to their family. I have 2 roasts, and 15 lbs of summer sausage in my freezer right now!!!

Plus like I said, in MANY parts of the US, wild game is THE ONLY source of food for some people. Deer, turkey, squirrel, rabbit, you name it. So YES... that IS what I am saying!

Comment

• kyrgyz
                  • Oct 2007

In the real world, people who interfere with hunting are arrested.
                  In the real world, our planet's ecosystems suffered greatly from people's egoism and foolishness. Gone long horned european ox, pure blood bison, turanian tiger, dwaft emu, tasmanian tiger, etc. all in the name of hunting . Note the explanation: hunted to extinction

Comment

• kyrgyz
                    • Oct 2007

So YES... that IS what I am saying!
                    Ok. All those trips in $40,000 trucks with best hunting gear and staying in a nice Best Western motel to find and kill that much prized buck is for providing food on the table. Touché.

Lion hunting. They came all the way from Europe to do the slaughter of this magnificent animal to satisfy their need for protein? I hope they took some of it to serve aunt Betty with a lion steak to save her from hunger. Enjoy watching it.

Last edited by kyrgyz; Sun 28 Feb '10, 7:47pm.

Comment

• Abomination
                      • Jul 2008

This is a site for predator hunters. Just went live about 4 weeks ago. It's starting to come together.

What do you think?

http://www.predatortalk.com
                      It appears to me you have worked incredibly hard to create a nice site.

Possibly:
                      • thread preview is not working, that may be intentional
                      • you may want to simply list the states instead of adding predator talk to each one to reduce the amount of things on the screen
                      • You may want to consider some basic information about what a predator is. Some innocent looking animals cause huge problems, and of course outlying urban areas have issues with other animals, and people in remote areas will have trouble with a different type of animal. I've had encountered all 3 types on multiple occasions. As you can tell from some of the responses in this thread people from other parts of the world may not understand some of the issues. It might be possible with some carefully worded, and accurate information, that it would be easier for those people to understand.

Feel free to PM me if you want, I could suggest a few things. But based on how well your forum looks and is organized my input may be superfluous.

Comment

• beishe8
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 4.2.X

[QUOTE=Abomination;1937657]
                        Abomination,you have done an excellent reply.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• iamacyborg
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.8.x

The site looks good, I'm not a big fan of the red but the style works.
                          The CMS page could do with some improvements for people running high resolutions, it looks a bit empty on my 1680 px wide screen.

As far as the ignorant anti hunting people are concerned, ignore them. A factual argument doesn't stand a chance against self righteous ninnies.
                          Gaming Love - A community site dedicated to Eskil Steenberg's video game, Love.
                          Body Hacking - Exploring the future of functional human body modification.

Comment

• kyrgyz
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by iamacyborg
                            As far as the ignorant anti hunting people are concerned, ignore them. A factual argument doesn't stand a chance against self righteous ninnies.
                            There is a passion for hunting something deeply implanted in the human breast.

Charles Dickens

Last edited by kyrgyz; Mon 1 Mar '10, 3:51am.

Comment

• Quillz
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 5.0.X

There's a difference between hunting for necessity and hunting for sport. It's important to recognize that. I have no tolerance for sport hunters, and if something should happen to them while hunting, too bad. But hunting for necessity is different, and is simply part of the natural food chain.
                              Forums

Comment

• kyrgyz
                                • Oct 2007

You forgot to mention hunting for conservation and hunting for community sustenance ... Then there are invasive species like coyotes and feral animals like hogs. It's a multi-facet issue. In developing countries, hunting exotic animals may bring needed funds to sustain communities, especially in Africa. My question is how much of it really goes to locals and how much is retained by safari organizers. I hope they are not getting duped.

I'd speculate that sport hunting is by far the biggest one of the three, then conservation and community sustenance, and then "for necessity" hunting.

As human population grows, more habitat will be destroyed to accommodate expansion. Wildlife will have to be culled or moved to other areas. UK is a good example of landscape transformation. It's "from woods to grass with human help" kind of thing.

I am against sports hunting as well, but it's a part of human nature. There is no way to stop individual's desire to kill and control. You can only hope to manage it. And as I said earlier, conservation is often just an excuse.
                                Last edited by kyrgyz; Mon 1 Mar '10, 2:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...