Comet Chat - Interesting Find For VB Live Chat Extension

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adin
    • Feb 2011

My advice on Cometchat after having it installed for a bit: it almost *requires* cometservice (or another one of the back end servers, which requires a $200 config). Load on our VPS (with ~120 users online, ~15 or so actively chatting) went from 3->65 and brought the boards to a standstill. Using cometservice, our loads immediately dropped back into the reasonable (<10, no noticeable lag) territory.

Envolve has been great for us, with the exception of being able to limit usergroup access to chat & their pricing. As soon as they update/fix their vB integration, we'll be back to using their service.

Comment

• maximutt
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.0.x

Not happy with Cometchat's support when vB releases a forum update which breaks it. Usually it takes weeks for an update and then only comes about after a number of users practically have to beg for the update.

Comment

• Octavius
        • Jul 2010
        • 4.2.X

I run Arrowchat. I'm satisified plus it's video is better and cheaper than cometchats.
        www.8thos.com

Comment

• Eyal Kallati
          • Dec 2011

Dean, Anthony, The Geek- thank you for posting this information very helpful. i was wondering, Comechat is now available for socialengine as well. do you think this will work well now 2011, if 500 of your friends were online simultaneously??
          I love the fact that this widget shows you your Facebook friends on instant messaging- i dont know anything else better?
          what do you guys think, i plan to have 300+ friends on at once.

Comment

• Eyal Kallati
            • Dec 2011

has anyone used comechat now and has any feedback? does it work well on your engine?

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

With that amount of users online it's likely to cause some heavy load. They offer a hosted service if I'm not wrong, may be the best option.

Comment

• Eyal Kallati
                • Dec 2011

Dean, Anthony, The Geek- thank you for posting this information very helpful. i was wondering, Comechat is now available for socialengine as well. do you think this will work well now 2011, if 500 of your friends were online simultaneously??
                I love the fact that this widget shows you your Facebook friends on instant messaging- i dont know anything else better?
                what do you guys think, i plan to have 300+ friends on at once.

Comment

• Eyal Kallati
                  • Dec 2011

i checked out Arrowchat- it does not have your Facebook friends online as well.. know any good product that does?
                  Thank you again for your help Ramsesex

Comment

• Eyal Kallati
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                    With that amount of users online it's likely to cause some heavy load. They offer a hosted service if I'm not wrong, may be the best option.
                    i checked out Arrowchat- it does not have your Facebook friends online as well.. know any good product that does?
                    Thank you again for your help Ramsesex

Comment

• blackflags
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 4.1.x

^ I would be eager to find that out as well.

Comment

• crash12345
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 4.0.x

..Not happy with Cometchat's support when vB releases a forum update which breaks it. Usually it takes weeks for an update and then only comes about after a number of users practically have to beg for the update..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...