Internet Brands, Inc. to Report Q4 and Full Year 2009 Results on February 18, 2010

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • borko
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Internet Brands, Inc. to Report Q4 and Full Year 2009 Results on February 18, 2010

Anyony who will be listening, please post here if there will be interesting information

http://investors.internetbrands.com/...?EventID=77460 (anyone can register or call)

Internet Brands, Inc. to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2009 Results on February 18, 2010

LOS ANGELES, CA, Jan 29, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX News Network) -- Internet Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ: INET) will announce financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009, on Thursday, February 18, 2010, after the market close. Participating in the call will be Bob Brisco, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Scott Friedman, Chief Financial Officer.

The conference call is scheduled to begin at 1:30 pm Pacific Time (4:30 pm Eastern Time) on February 18, 2010. Participants may access the call by dialing 877-941-8416 (domestic) or 480-629-9808 (international). In addition, the call will be broadcast live over the Internet hosted at the Investor Relations section of the Company's website at www.internetbrands.com and will be archived online within one hour of the completion of the conference call. A telephone replay will be available through March 4, 2010. To access the replay, please dial 800-406-7325 (domestic) or 303-590-3030 (international), passcode 4206148.
  • nforums
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

Just wondering if it was delayed due to quality reasons as well?

Comment

• AlexanderT
      • Mar 2003

Licensing revenues were $10.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2009 compared to $8.2 million in the prior year period. The increase in licensing revenues was primarily the result of the successful fourth quarter launch of the Company's vBulletin 4.0 publishing suite.
      Licensing revenues were $33.6 million for the year ended December 31, 2009 compared to $32.5 million in the prior year. If the Company used a fixed year-over-year exchange rate, licensing revenues for the year ended December 31, 2009 would have been approximately $0.8 million higher than reported.

Comment

• borko
        • Feb 2010
        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Bob Brisco talking about vbulletin in 2010 - download recorded vb.mp3 (1.5mb zip)

sound like they will be selling new vb addons-modules as separate products this year.
        Last edited by borko; Fri 19 Feb '10, 6:03am.

Comment

• nforums
          Banned
          • Jun 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by borko
          Bob Brisco talking about vbulletin in 2010 - download recorded vb.mp3 (1.5mb zip)

sound like they will be selling new vb addons-modules as separate products this year.
          They better get to work on fixing 4.0 first.

And if I were them (which clearly I'm not) I don't think I'd expand into anything else with their current skill set

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
            • Sep 2001

I don't really see myself buying anything else from IB until they get their act together.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• pank
              • Mar 2001

Originally posted by nforums
              They better get to work on fixing 4.0 first.

And if I were them (which clearly I'm not) I don't think I'd expand into anything else with their current skill set
              Exactly...

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
              I don't really see myself buying anything else from IB until they get their act together.
              And exactly again... Not to mention the fact that Don and Kevin give some website an interview with more info and future product info than their actual customers! Once again, inexcusable that the actual customers here get less info than some 3rd party website.

They have time to give an interview but can't make a simple Blog post here with that info.
              Seriously.... Common.
              Bob- (pank)
              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

• Razasharp
                • Feb 2005
                • 3.7.x

Who was he talking to there? Do they realise they just annoy the hell out of their customers by giving details of what's coming to others before posting here for us first!?
                What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• JamieinNH
                  • May 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Interesting to note that they are talking about modules being released as Add Ons when their reasoning for putting Blogs and PT in the Suite was to quote "separate components, keeping them synchronized was unnecessarily inefficient from a coding standpoint. There's just too much engineering overhead to maintain them all on separate development tracks"

So, now that they have most people converted to the new license scheme and running vB 4.0 Suite they will want to introduce some Modules?

On the surface without IB coming into the forums and telling us what is going on, it sure doesn't seem like a company that I can trust.

Jamie

Comment

• motowebmaster
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

The interview was a bit comical; in one moment vbulletin sales was easy to forecast - and then seconds later it was difficult to forecast.

For the sake of objectivity, it was just an investor conference call. Investors should be concerned about future customer prospects, but IB didn't lie to them about sales results - and forecasting future revenue isn't an unrealistic expectation. We can complain on the forums frequently, and other websites can serve content about the issues with vb4, but to the investor it is still simply a decision on whether or not there can be return within the parameters of their respective investment strategies.

So if it makes anyone feel better, IB's stock has been losing momentum among institutional investors, which hasn't been unusual in today's market. In respect to IB, revenues along other business lines has weakened. I would think that some investors chose to sell what they had in IB and take the profit now. If vb4 does end up causing a drop in sales, the potential drop in stock price would be a welcome event that can be taken advantage of just before the next "event" takes place. Either a revenue boom on one of their sites, or maybe a significant turnaround in vbulletin development.

The 10+ million in licensing revenues from 4th Qtr 2009 is unsettling for me as a vbulletin license holder, but as I've said before the marketing strategy was effective.

BTW, none of the tools I use even hint at a degree of dissatisfaction among vbulletin customers. In my opinion, they all make vb4 look like a stable product that improves the viability of IB.
                    Shawn

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                      • Apr 2001

$5 a photo gallery is in the works.

Comment

• hornstar6969
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
                        $5 a photo gallery is in the works.
                        I have not listened to the audio yet, but where did you hear/read that?
                        Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...