I think i am gay

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyrgyz
    • Oct 2007

badblu01, think about life in general and your future in particular. I would recommend you to watch Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" (2006) and an eye-opening documentary, "A Certain Kind of Death" (2003). After watching them, try to envision yourself 30-40 years from now.

My ultimate advice:

1. Plan to have a family of your own. Kids, grandkids, family get-togethers, christmas, etc. Most importantly, build a support system around you.
    2. Start saving for your retirement now, even if it's just a $5, $10 or $20 a week. Make it a habit.
    3. Excersize regularly and it healthy.

Read this to freshen up: More Homeless Americans Living in Cars and Campers

About movies:

A Certain Kind of Death
    Winner of a Sundance Special Jury Prize, this sobering documentary begs the question, "What happens to people who die without any next of kin?" Filmmakers Grover Babcock and Blue Hadaegh examine the deaths of three people with no known family members. As the various public employees deal with corpses, finances and property, the film slowly unravels the individuals' life stories through family photos, letters and conversations with caseworkers.

Apocalypto
    Oscar-winning director Mel Gibson moves on from biblical fare to tackle the end of the Mayan civilization in this gripping action-adventure set just before Spain's conquest of Mexico and Central America in the 16th century. When an invading force threatens his peaceful existence, a courageous native risks everything to protect his way of life -- even if it means leaving his beautiful mate and unborn child behind.

These films are really about every single one of us. The brutality of our environment and struggle to survive for some, and giving up for others. Being good and hearty is not enough. In "A Certain Kind of Death", a man donated over $100 a week to the organization assisting the homeless; but, he himself didn't have a family around him. He died rotting and being sworm by insects in his room because he had nobody. State had to take care of him (you can watch this documentary online on netflix.com).
    In "Apocalypto", I like the scene when main character and his friend are caught like animals and lead to execution. His friends tells him before the beheading, "Journey well, brother". In life you need to have a support system around you and always stay one step ahead of being executed by life itself.

Hope it helps.

Comment

• theezy
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
      When you come to America, make a stop by San Francisco. It's really an interesting place to go.
      I live near there. I guess it might interesting if you are a foreigner.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...