X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

Apple's New Creation: the Tablet

As rumored all over the internet... Apple is expected to announce it's new product, the Apple Tablet on January 27th 2010:

I own a 2nd generation iPod Nano and coming Thursday my iPhone 3GS will be delivered. I am very curious to find out what this new innovate product of Apple will offer. These are such exiting times to live in (unless you are speaking of vBulletin these days)... fantastic.
    How much do you love XenForo?
  • ChopSuey
    • Apr 2009

A paper battery would be better than this.

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

I ordered an iPhone 3GS but I cancelled the order in favor of the iTablet, iSlate, iPad or whatever it's called.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Dean C
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

I really can't see how this'll fit into my life. I have a phone that I can use as an organiser, GPS, music library (iPhone 3GS). I have a laptop for on the go (EEE PC). I don't want to watch television/films on a tiny 10" screen with no surround sound
        Last edited by Dean C; Fri 22 Jan '10, 5:22am.
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

I don't see these tablets really taking off
          just like the kindel, they may be handy but I would rather have a small laptop or my smart phone
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

heh my cell phone does audio and video with great clarety Life is Good indeed the Lotus really is a work horse.

i can't wait to see pc's like in the avatar movie. they are in the early beta stages of something like those right now btw.

Comment

• MrNase
              • Jun 2003
              • 3.8.x

I have no doubt that Apple is going to release something that gives direction to these kind of devices but I don't expect something breathtaking. I wonder what OS 4.0 looks like, maybe an iPhone 3GS running the new OS is the perfect thing for me - no need to carry around a larger device that doesn't fit into my pocket.
              That's the end of that!

Comment

• Grover
                • May 2001
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MrNase
                ... but I don't expect something breathtaking.
                You were right. It was a very underwhelming event in my eyes... however a tablet like this has certainly great potential, but we need to wait for major improvements on this device. Maybe the 3rd generation will really offer something worth using.
                How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

iPad = iUseless
                  Forums

Comment

• Redseal
                    • May 2007

It wasn't anything new which is why I think so many people are disappointed. Although, once the applications start coming out on it there may be a change of heart. I can see some uses for it myself; however, it will not bridge any gaps in my personal/professional life. The comment about the paper battery is a good one. They should try to put some of those inside their devices so you can use it for more than a couple of hours on a single charge. I hope the kindle doesn't fall off the planet now that the iPad is out, at least theirs will run for weeks on that display.
                    I love lamp

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                      • May 2003

Looks like an oversized iPod Touch to me.
                      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Quillz
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Redseal
                        It wasn't anything new which is why I think so many people are disappointed. Although, once the applications start coming out on it there may be a change of heart. I can see some uses for it myself; however, it will not bridge any gaps in my personal/professional life. The comment about the paper battery is a good one. They should try to put some of those inside their devices so you can use it for more than a couple of hours on a single charge. I hope the kindle doesn't fall off the planet now that the iPad is out, at least theirs will run for weeks on that display.
                        The Kindle will still appeal to people who want a nice, simple e-Book reader. The Kindle has a better display for reading, anyway.

The iPad is a jack-of-all-trades that happens to also support iBooks.
                        Forums

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                          • May 2002
                          • 1.1.x

I know the question that must be on everyone's mind right now.

Can it run Linux?

Comment

• ekool
                            • Jun 2003

It's a bit too early to tell as some killer apps may come out for it, but I was disappointed as well. For those of you interested though check this out:

iPadForums.net is the ultimate Apple iPad Forum and fan site offering a comprehensive collection of Apple iPad and Tablet Computer information. The forum includes iPad Discussions, News, Wallpapers, iBook / App Reviews, Release Information, Events and much more!!
                            Sites I Run: Motorola Droid / Verizon Droid Forum, Nexus One Forum, iPhone News, Wii News & Wii Forum, HTC EVO Forum, iPad Forum, iPhone 4 Forum, Android Forum, Sprint Android Forum, AT&T Android Forum, T-Mobile Android Forum, Droid X Forum, HTC Incredible Forum.

Comment

• cam2
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Quillz
                              The Kindle will still appeal to people who want a nice, simple e-Book reader. The Kindle has a better display for reading, anyway.

The iPad is a jack-of-all-trades that happens to also support iBooks.
                              Not to mention you need to be in a hotspot area to download books or purchase the data package to operate like the Kindle. My wife and I share a Kindle and love it.

Currently running XenForo, knee jerk to vB4 release. I'm back home, can't wait for vB5 GOLD release.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...