Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sensimilla
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

Computer Chat Facebook will charge true ?

Anyone can confirm that Facebook will charge each account from June ?
    StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
    Join Tattoo Group Now
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by sensimilla
    No,it won't.
    Just as Google is not going to charge for every search.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Dean C
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.x

Without trying to sound condescending to the original poster, these people on facebook truly astound me who think Facebook is going to charge. I came across a group of 160k (seemingly dumb) people who were protesting about how facebook is planning to charge as of July 2010. It's incredible how you can gather that many people into a group who'll believe this nonsense. Some of the other groups of silly people include "Invite 75% of your friends and you'll be able to see who viewed your profile". We're talking over a million people in that group.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Dean C
        Without trying to sound condescending to the original poster, these people on facebook truly astound me who think Facebook is going to charge. I came across a group of 160k (seemingly dumb) people who were protesting about how facebook is planning to charge as of July 2010. It's incredible how you can gather that many people into a group who'll believe this nonsense. Some of the other groups of silly people include "Invite 75% of your friends and you'll be able to see who viewed your profile". We're talking over a million people in that group.
        And with this you can see why email phishing scams are still so popular. You might think nobody would still fall for them, but......
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

False.....
          don't know why idiots make up stupid rumours just to scare other people
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• sensimilla
            • Sep 2004
            • 3.8.x

This is most likely what I was thinking about but

one of my friends from a major computer games company admitted that Facebook did mentionned something like this on a conference.

Hope you guys are more trustworhty.
            StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
            Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

one of my friends from a major computer games company admitted that Facebook did mentionned something like this on a conference.
              Does Yahoo,Hotmail,etc charge for the email accounts?
              No,they don't because people would leave them immediately.
              You can buy special service from them, then they will charge you for that.
              Maybe Facebook is planning to do something like that.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Carnage-
                • Jan 2005
                • 3.8.x

if they do. bye bye facebook. hello new emerging site thats still free.

A good proportion of facebook users are:
                a) under 18: eg need a parent to pay.
                b) poor students.
                c) only there because everyone else is.

Once groups a and b leave due to not being able to pay/ not wanting to pay group c also leaves. All those people end up somewhere else.

I once asked my site users (as a for interest thing) How much they would pay to a) buy the site b) access the site c) access the site on a monthly basis
                for a) I got a wide range of responses from $20 to $10000; most thou admitted to not knowing how much it was worth.
                for b) The most common answer was $0. For those that did specify an ammount it was generally <$5
                for c) I think only one person said that they would /consider/ paying monthly for access; and thats only if there was something provided to make it worth while eg something above and beyond what the site provides now.

Even if you scale up those results; facebook will loose a huge amount of users by charging.
                Some of my Mods:
                Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
                Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
                Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

• sensimilla
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by beishe8
                  Does Yahoo,Hotmail,etc charge for the email accounts?
                  No,they don't because people would leave them immediately.
                  You can buy special service from them, then they will charge you for that.
                  Maybe Facebook is planning to do something like that.
                  with all respect this doesnt prove a nything, one doesnt charge and another does, we ve seen several services beeing free and getting commercial once reached popularity, although with FB it sounds like a scam to me
                  Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

• aussiefooty
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 6.0.X

with all respect this doesnt prove a nything, one doesnt charge and another does, we ve seen several services beeing free and getting commercial once reached popularity, although with FB it sounds like a scam to me
                    Maybe you should bring this up with facebook themselves. Go directly to the source instead of worrying over nothing that is just a dumb scam that idiots do to make money.
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.6.x

I pay $20 a month to a third party contractor for my FaceBook access. You suckers are stuck using that crappy free one.
                      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und
                        I pay $20 a month to a third party contractor for my FaceBook access. You suckers are stuck using that crappy free one.

as do I their gold access is just so worth it

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                          • May 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                          as do I their gold access is just so worth it
                          Except the fact that I can't post status updates or change my sexual preference. The developers guarantee that the next version will be better, though.
                          s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                            • Mar 2005

If Facebook charged... MySpace would start rubbing their hands together again... MySpace comeback!

Comment

• razing
                              • Oct 2009

Yes, it's true.

The United States Post Office is also going to start charging 5 cents for every email you send.

Comment