Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Boofo
    Maybe support wasn't the right word. What I meant was listening to what the customers want.
    considering it's a new script, with very few if any customers, it's not surprising the devs are listening to them..LMAO
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Loco.M
      considering it's a new script, with very few if any customers, it's not surprising the devs are listening to them..LMAO
      Proves that they can learn and adapt.

Comment

• Boofo
        • Apr 2002
        • 4.1.x

Until they run across some suggestions they either don't agree with or don't feel like taking the time and effort to add.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

Until they run across some suggestions they either don't agree with or don't feel like taking the time and effort to add.
          Yep though their decisions are very good and it's what decides how successful the product will be. Please excuse me but if they follow every suggestion that has been suggested the product will be bloated, a failure and inefficient. (remind you of anything???)

A quote from a member.

With vision like this, I don't need to be listened to. I keep looking for things to add or something I don't like, but I've got nothing. Literally.

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

I don't agree as without customers desires being taken into affect, the software would go in a direction of what one person's idea is of what it should be.
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

I don't agree as without customers desires being taken into affect, the software would go in a direction of what one person's idea is of what it should be.
              Yeah bud i don't mean total developers decisions, just listen to the important requests and stop trying to please everyone.

Comment

• Boofo
                • Apr 2002
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by pspmodandcfw
                Yeah bud i don't mean total developers decisions, just listen to the important requests and stop trying to please everyone.
                And who decides what is important or not? That was my point.

If the masses want something and the developer has other ideas, WHICH has happened in the past, what makes Xen any better than vb?

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                  • Jun 2002

Maybe support wasn't the right word. What I meant was listening to what the customers want.
                  Do you have a particular time frame in mind as well?
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Shamil.
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 4.2.X

The primary condition to see if a feature will/not be added is if they have used it. Regardless of their answer, the community then suggests and converse with the developers to see if it can/not be implemented.
                    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                    vBulletin Hosting and Services
                    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2008

If the masses want something and the developer has other ideas, WHICH has happened in the past, what makes Xen any better than vb?
                      Ahh Common sense where would be be without it. If everyone wanted to have a big bold red blinking text on the home page saying Register Here but the developers thinks it will hinder the philosophy of the clean design of xenForo they should not implement it.

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                        • Sep 2001

I brought that up with them actually and it sounds like they will try to communicate with us if an idea is out of scope for various reasons. They are also trying to keep users posted as to when a feature may come up if it is in the deck of cards. What makes this different is that we can then choose to hire a coder to create it or not as the case may be. It remains to be seen if it works out that way but a brief check of the suggestions forum over at XF leads me to believe so.
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Boofo
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by pspmodandcfw
                          Ahh Common sense where would be be without it. If everyone wanted to have a big bold red blinking text on the home page saying Register Here but the developers thinks it will hinder the philosophy of the clean design of xenForo they should not implement it.
                          Ah, yes, in a perfect world that would be true.

Comment

• Dream
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 3.6.x

I personally gave up on getting mad that my suggestions weren't implemented ages ago. Nowadays I get mildly mad.
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• feldon23
                              • Nov 2001
                              • 3.7.x

In the past, they didn't respond on suggestions they either A) felt would not be a good fit for the product, or B) weren't ready to commit to. Now, they seem to be commenting on most suggestions, even if the answer will not make everyone happy.

And here's just another reminder that Kier's communication with the community was severely curtailed after IB took over.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                                • Aug 2000

Let's try to keep this thread balanced and not attack them please. I wouldn't want to have to close this based on personal attacks.
                                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...