Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Originally posted by is_it_me
    'good guys', like yourself.
    Awww, shucks....
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Alfa1
      Well the silence about vb 4.1 has mysteriously been broken today.
      That was first discussed before today.

Originally posted by is_it_me
      It has? Where?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• akia
        • Apr 2008

I'm so excited about it not becuase I want to change but because more compitition may hopefully get IB it sort out VB4.

Comment

• nwingate
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
          VB 3.8x is rock solid, so he isn't wrong.
          That I agree with. I just don't see anything compelling after that release.

Comment

• is_it_me
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by IB Adrian
            If by "the management" you are referring to me, yes.
            I think I speak for all of us in saying that Kier and Mike have done a really nice job with the software, and it is great to have a more competitive marketplace for forum software - I feel we all win from that.
            Yep, you were included in my thinking of what the IB ‘management’ is, good to see you posting again Adrian.

Shame, it took the ‘demo launch’ of a new competitor for that to happen, whereas there’s been silence for so long and in particular over the last week or so.

Could we be witnessing a new attempt by IB to connect with their disgruntled customers?

I hope so.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• vijayninel
              • Mar 2009
              • 3.8.x

I think I speak for all of us in saying that Kier and Mike have done a really nice job with the software, and it is great to have a more competitive marketplace for forum software - I feel we all win from that.
              Really appreciate vBulletin team for allowing this thread to remain. Very sporting of you.

I would like to add that we havent given up on vBulletin as yet and we hope that vBulletin will continue to get better.
              www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

• PirateReports
                Banned
                • Aug 2004

IB could have won more if they had not jumped ship and become a competitor but its great to hear IB will leave them to continue doing the really good job they appear to have started without any legal sour grapes. Lets hope something was learned from the mistake of labelling Scott a disgruntled ex employee and how that backfired.

If it's great to have a competitive marketplace why do people have anti competition clauses?

Comment

• MRGTB
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by PirateReports
                  IB will leave them to continue doing the really good job they appear to have started without any legal sour grapes
                  Kier is not stupid, he wouldn't start something of this magnitude and put so much effort into it already. If he felt for one second, he could end-up in court fighting a lengthy legal battle against IB.

I agree also, that you cannot knock IB for letting this thread stand, knowing that it's also a "Public One".

What I'd like to say after again congratulating Kier and Mike on this. It's very early days yet, and from here on in they'll have their work cut out if they want to keep people very much interested in it. Development will have to be fast and furious to do so. They was always going to get a huge response at first from vBulletin customers who know them. Let's see how thing are 2-3 weeks down the line when that initial interest and curiously storm has blown over.

Just to put things in a bit more perspective
                  Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 29 Jul '10, 11:23am.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                    That was first discussed before today.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...-user-profiles
                    Credit where it's due, they look good.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• AlexanderT
                      • Mar 2003

Well said. If anything, those people in charge who don't frequently visit this community will finally come to understand as well that something needs to be changed.

Comment

• feldon23
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.7.x

Zomg

Comment

• is_it_me
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by MRGTB
                          Let's see how thing are 2-3 weeks down the line when that initial interest and curiously storm has blown over.
                          I think, after almost a year of letdowns from IB, the interest in the new project will just grow and grow.

Just a gut feeling.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

• MRGTB
                            • May 2005

What interest me, will they try and bring (tempt back) some more old vBulletin ex developers into it from the past? If they do and that happens. Now that would be interesting, and it would be like vBulletin is reborn (more and more), as more familiar old faces get involved and seen actively developing it.

Comment

• sami simo
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by borbole
                              vB has the most demorcatic forum I have ever seen on the net. You can say almost about anything here.
                              I agree

Comment

• Regs
                                • May 2001
                                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by PirateReports
                                IB could have won more if they had not jumped ship and become a competitor but its great to hear IB will leave them to continue doing the really good job they appear to have started without any legal sour grapes. Lets hope something was learned from the mistake of labelling Scott a disgruntled ex employee and how that backfired.

If it's great to have a competitive marketplace why do people have anti competition clauses?
                                All those things I kept hearing about you are true it seems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...