Former vBulletin lead developer Kier Darby to develop new forum software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

This thread is so far o/t, might as well just close it.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
      Banned
      • Oct 2008

Reported.
      Originally posted by steven s
      This thread is so far o/t, might as well just close it.

Comment

• Shamil.
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.2.X

Going back onto topic, is XenForo signalling a shift in general paradigm?
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• anthonyparsons
          • Mar 2005

After watching the video from Kier today on the spam features... all I can say is OMFG, what a serious breathe of fresh air compared to anything on the market. All the forum players have to seriously lift their game with the way that piece of software is slowly coming together. Extremely intuitive, innovative, functional and smartly designed.

Comment

• DDIG
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.8.x

Watch and learn I'd say. Which is probably what they'll do at IB's.

Prepare for an overwhelming groundbreaking VB 4.1
            Wat You See Is What I Could Have Meant
            D-DIG.NL -
            Hèt trefpunt voor alles over digitale fotografie op internet... En meer!

Comment

• Lizard King
              Banned
              • Mar 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by anthonyparsons
              After watching the video from Kier today on the spam features... all I can say is OMFG, what a serious breathe of fresh air compared to anything on the market. All the forum players have to seriously lift their game with the way that piece of software is slowly coming together. Extremely intuitive, innovative, functional and smartly designed.
              There is an exact same spam cleaner for vBulletin with only a different layout since vB 3.7

Comment

• AlexanderT
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lizard King
                There is an exact same spam cleaner for vBulletin with only a different layout since vB 3.7
                "only a different layout" - you name it. Usability is the key, and this is were vB4 falls short, terribly so.

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2008

The Design Philosophies and Principles of xenForo is what sets it apart also

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

I beg to differ Mert, as the spam cleaner in vBulletin has not been extended into areas such as the wall conversations. The xenForo spam cleaner extends into the posts and the wall conversations. I have no doubt it can be extended into additional areas of functionality, including blog posts eventually.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Lizard King
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      I beg to differ Mert, as the spam cleaner in vBulletin has not been extended into areas such as the wall conversations. The xenForo spam cleaner extends into the posts and the wall conversations. I have no doubt it can be extended into additional areas of functionality, including blog posts eventually.
                      I think i was totally misunderstood or possibly i expressed myself not clear enough because of the problems i had last 2 days in personal life.

For vB 3.7 there was a modification released on vBulletin.org named Spam Decimator. Spam Decimator was a similar modification. Modification showed a spam button on postbit and when you clicked on the button it was opening a popup which had options on what you wanted to do. It was a brilliant modification and one of my fav vB modifications all time.

xenForo looks similar however it has great UI improvements compared to Spam Decimator. However i know improvements are not limited with UI improvements. xenForo spam controls gives you a revert option also which is a great functionality. Without trying i can't comment any further but what we see in demo is a great tool and i am eager to use it ( unfortunately we will all have to use it )

Default vB 3.7 spam options were functioning nice however it required too many clicks.

Comment

• pspmodandcfw
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

Mert, you aren't thinking deep enough bud. Kier said we will be able to use the spam cleaner on our own custom mods, we just need to have the required functions to call etc.

"Code to an interface, not to an implementation"

I think i was totally misunderstood or possibly i expressed myself not clear enough because of the problems i had last 2 days in personal life.

For vB 3.7 there was a modification released on vBulletin.org named Spam Decimator. Spam Decimator was a similar modification. Modification showed a spam button on postbit and when you clicked on the button it was opening a popup which had options on what you wanted to do. It was a brilliant modification and one of my fav vB modifications all time.

xenForo looks similar however it has great UI improvements compared to Spam Decimator. However i know improvements are not limited with UI improvements. xenForo spam controls gives you a revert option also which is a great functionality. Without trying i can't comment any further but what we see in demo is a great tool and i am eager to use it ( unfortunately we will all have to use it )

Default vB 3.7 spam options were functioning nice however it required too many clicks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...