Is this forum of mine worth a copy of VB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immediate
    • Oct 2009
    • 4.2.X

Is this forum of mine worth a copy of VB?

I put a very goodkeywords.com up with MyBB and after 7 months without a single dime of promotion / marketing (even no SEO), it has grown from zero to 135 registered users, 509 posts and 122 threads.

Do you think this site is worth a copy of VB? The niche is health related. It's been 2 or 3 new posts every day ever since last week. And it continues to attract new registrations automatically.
    Last edited by immediate; Sat 26 Dec '09, 2:09am.
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

Don't change unless there's a good reason to change, and from what you've told me, it doesn't really warrant conversion to vBulletin.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• immediate
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by deuterium
      Don't change unless there's a good reason to change, and from what you've told me, it doesn't really warrant conversion to vBulletin.
      I was thinking maybe changing to vbulletin could attract more serious participators.
      Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

• Shamil.
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.2.X

In some cases, it does, but I think the best people to ask is your community itself.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• cheat-master30
          • Jun 2008
          • 3.8.x

There's no particular way to tell if a forum is worth any forum software, it's all based on whether you think vBulletin would improve your community (whether via the software, security, features, add ons, styles, etc). In my experience though, vBulletin does attract slightly more members than free software does.
          DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by immediate
            I was thinking maybe changing to vbulletin could attract more serious participators.
            No, it won't.
            Forums

Comment

• razing
              • Oct 2009

Serious participants are attracted to strong communities and good content, not forum software.

If you believe that vB offers tools that will help you strengthen your community and provide good content, then you may wish to consider vB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...