X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaceJunkie
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Why did they sell it to IB?

I was just curious if it has been posted somewhere why vB was sold off to IB? I have not been around the forums a lot in the past year so I'm not completely up to speed on the recent events. IF there is another site feel free to PM me the link, and not post it in this thread please as I am not trying to PO the current vB owners, I'm just plain curios.

Thanks

• Ryan Ashbrook
    • May 2003

IB made an offer, James accepted.

End of story.
    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• _| () R | Z
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by RaceJunkie
      I was just curious if it has been posted somewhere why vB was sold off to IB? I have not been around the forums a lot in the past year so I'm not completely up to speed on the recent events. IF there is another site feel free to PM me the link, and not post it in this thread please as I am not trying to PO the current vB owners, I'm just plain curios.

Thanks
      Probably because John wanted to leave the company, Jelsoft couldn't pay for it, so they had to find an investor (John left directly after it was acquired by IB)

read this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...235463-Goodbye
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
        Probably because John wanted to leave the company, Jelsoft couldn't pay for it, so they had to find an investor (John left directly after it was acquired by IB)

read this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...235463-Goodbye

wow that was about the same date i moved away from my less than ideal mother in CT to a great household in NY

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

This isn't an appropriate discussion for our forums.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...