Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apopilot
    • Nov 2009

Phpbb to Vbulletin. Can I do it myself?

I started my own technology and gadget news website about a year ago. I am not happy with my current PhPbb forum community. Is it easy for me as a novice to move the database and install Vbulletin. I searched the forums here and could not find a step by step guide. I would appreciate some assistance.
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

I did it myself when converting from phpBB. Just follow the instructions.
    Be sure to backup your phpBB files.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• GoTTi
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by apopilot
      I started my own technology and gadget news website about a year ago. I am not happy with my current PhPbb forum community. Is it easy for me as a novice to move the database and install Vbulletin. I searched the forums here and could not find a step by step guide. I would appreciate some assistance.
      you can pay one of us a few bucks when your ready to do it just to make sure it gets done properly...but ya you can do it yourself, its not that hard...just steps you gotta go through, actually some arent even mentioned in the importing instructions, you just gotta know certain things when your a webmaster.

anyways, ya its easy to do just by reading the instructions....

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

When you buy a license, you also get access to whats called "impex", which is the system that imports other DB's into vbulletin and converts them over. Search for impex...

Comment

• apopilot
          • Nov 2009

What are the steps for important in phpBB on my site to Vbulletin? Is there a trial in for VBulletin or do I have to buy it and try?

Comment

• steven s
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by apopilot
            What are the steps for important in phpBB on my site to Vbulletin? Is there a trial in for VBulletin or do I have to buy it and try?
            There is no trial version but I could have sworn I read that there was now a money back offer.
            Contact [email protected].
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• anthonyparsons
              • Mar 2005

There is a full featured interactive demo @ http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php which establishes a demo install for you to trial the software.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Originally posted by steven s
                There is no trial version but I could have sworn I read that there was now a money back offer.
                Contact [email protected].
                From the License Agreement:

"No refunds will be offered for the Software once it has been downloaded."
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

impex is pretty easy, especially with phpbb > vb
                  just double check the confirm file, make sure the source and target info is right.
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• apopilot
                    • Nov 2009

Is there a step by step post on this forum for phpBB to Vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...