• Feb 2009
    • 3.8.x

Windows run's on a mac properly.

The irony of it is, that a bunch of MS execs run windows on a MBP body. :P

Comment

• Dismounted
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wii
      But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences?
      The actual hardware that is put into a MacBook, an iMac, or a Mac Pro is exactly the same stuff they put into "PCs". They run the same x86-64 architecture (Mac OS previously ran on PPC).

Comment

• dutchbb
        • Nov 2003
        • 3.8.x

Windows should run better on a mac since the hardware is picked by Apple to work together flawlessly. Compare that with the 'blue screen PC's' (almost always a hardware issue).

Comment

• socceronly
          • Nov 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dutchbb
          Windows should run better on a mac since the hardware is picked by Apple to work together flawlessly. Compare that with the 'blue screen PC's' (almost always a hardware issue).
          LOL. The Macs at work crash all the time.

And the response is, oh there must be something wrong with them.... but PC's that's just normal. It's not.

Buy a Mac if you like it. That is the only reason to get it.

But don't buy it for any of the bs reasons like.

1. Its better for graphics.
          2. More creative
          3. More stable
          blah blah blah....

It's not.

If you do buy one, DON"T let those Apple dealer pricks lie to you about things like RAM. Buy your RAM at a PC store. It is the same RAM no matter what those idiots tell you. And it will be possibly 2-4 times cheaper.
          Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• dutchbb
            • Nov 2003
            • 3.8.x

I'm not sure what they are doing with the macs at your work. I'm a mac user since October 2008, and believe it or not, it hasn't crashed once (and I'm a heavy user).

Comment

• kyrgyz
              • Oct 2007

I never had a Mac PC () mainly because it's expensive. PCs do just fine.

Mac vs PC

Comment

• jasetaro
                • Mar 2009
                • 4.0.x

I'm not sure what they are doing with the macs at your work. I'm a mac user since October 2008, and believe it or not, it hasn't crashed once (and I'm a heavy user).
                I can't remember the last time I had an OS crash under Windows or the Mac OS... Applications crash now and then, but under normal circumstances the OS be shouldn't crashing regular basis. If it is there's something wrong.

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

Originally posted by wii
                  But how well does Windows run on Macs, is it totally comparable to a similar Windows PC, or are there performance differences? I read somewhere that the drivers for Macs are not the best.
                  Apple's Boot Camp drivers royally sucked until 3.0 was released with Snow Leopard. Now, everything works as it's supposed to, including the multi-touch trackpad.
                  Originally posted by icarusforde
                  Windows run's on a mac properly.

The irony of it is, that a bunch of MS execs run windows on a MBP body. :P
                  There's nothing ironic about running Windows on Macintosh hardware. Microsoft sells software to run on hardware, any hardware, whether it's made by Apple or Dell.
                  Actually, most stop errors in the Windows NT era are caused by faulty third-party drivers, not hardware. The last stop error I've ever gotten on Windows was back in 2000, when I still ran Win98.
                  Forums

Comment

• socceronly
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 3.8.x

I think the other really funny thing about people buying macs and really liking them is this.... They almost never buy a PC, and a few weeks later buy a Mac.

They are upgrading from a PC that is years old. If you bought ANYTHING four years later and spent the kind of money it's going to be waaaaaay better.

The last person I had this conversation with was comparing todays macs to her Win 95 computer she bout in 1993.

Yeah, no kidding it's better.
                    Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Apple makes the logic/mother board, but most of the other hardware is generic pc these das.

Comment

• spiderweb
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 5.5.x

Have you guys heard of Linux? It runs on most anything and these days it's really quite cool. There is also the benefit of being free, rarely crashes or issues with viruses. You can also lock your wife / girlfriend out

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by spiderweb
                          Have you guys heard of Linux? It runs on most anything and these days it's really quite cool. There is also the benefit of being free, rarely crashes or issues with viruses. You can also lock your wife / girlfriend out
                          Every Linux distro I've used has crashed or didn't work properly. Mostly because I was trying to install the things I needed to use Linux as a workstation rather than just a testing box.

Linux is far better for servers than it is for everyday use workstations.

I use Windows because I can pretty much do what I want on it. Simple as that.

If I had the money, I'd have both a PC and a Mac. They both have their perks, and I just can't settle for one.
                          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• spiderweb
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
                            Every Linux distro I've used has crashed or didn't work properly. Mostly because I was trying to install the things I needed to use Linux as a workstation rather than just a testing box.
                            Take your thumb off the alt button when installing. It works much better

I've had great luck with most flavours of debian though I'm using fedora at the moment.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by spiderweb
                              Take your thumb off the alt button when installing. It works much better

I've had great luck with most flavours of debian though I'm using fedora at the moment.
                              Fedora was one of the betters ones. It still didn't do what I needed it to do, though. But it was the most stable of all the distros I've tried.
                              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• spiderweb
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
                                Fedora was one of the betters ones. It still didn't do what I needed it to do, though. But it was the most stable of all the distros I've tried.
                                Really?? Debian is by far my preference for server use. I only went to Fedora on my desktop because they had drivers for intels newest crap. The main draw back to Linux is the driver support mainly video. If you have really new hardware you'll need to play around to get it working right but 3 months old and it should all work out of the box.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...