X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasetaro
    • Mar 2009
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by wii
    Apparently Windows 7 is not officially supported.
    Correct, Windows 7 isn't officially supported under Boot Camp yet Apple has promised support by the end of the year though. Windows 7 runs fine under VMWare Fusion though.

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by jasetaro
      Correct, Windows 7 isn't officially supported under Boot Camp yet Apple has promised support by the end of the year though. Windows 7 runs fine under VMWare Fusion though.
      And like I stated above, Win7 works perfect under Boot Camp when you use the 3.0 drivers (on the Snow Leopard DVD.) I guess you'd still officially do this at your own risk, but it's fine. No issues at all.
      Forums

Comment

• Lucas
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by wii
        Still in doubt, I look at the HP Envy 13 again, which looks great, but it's expensive.

The MacBooks are also great, but I don't like OSX that much, it looks like a kids operating system, all those animated icons and stuff, I really don't need that, and my main problem would be all those Windows only programs that I have to use, which I can't run on OSX, I know it can run Windows, but how well does that work for a computer that is not made for it?
        Buy an HP or Dell with Win7 64bit. You'll be just fine.

Comment

• wii
          • Sep 2000
          • 3.8.x

Still undecided, but I have to decide soon...

Comment

• aqeel1
            • Dec 2009

I don't under stand that what meant my mac no or is this is mac address or some thing else.

Comment

• wii
              • Sep 2000
              • 3.8.x

What ?????

Originally posted by aqeel1
              I don't under stand that what meant my mac no or is this is mac address or some thing else.

Comment

• nforums
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Quillz
                And like I stated above, Win7 works perfect under Boot Camp when you use the 3.0 drivers (on the Snow Leopard DVD.) I guess you'd still officially do this at your own risk, but it's fine. No issues at all.
                I'll confirm this for you, I use win7 under bootcamp as well with no problems.

Even though, I haven't used it much, when I do everything works just like it should.

Comment

• pank
                  • Mar 2001

Using Win7 and XP in Parallels and everything runs smoking fast I used a PC for many years and made the switch years ago, have not looked back since.
                  Bob- (pank)
                  pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

• wii
                    • Sep 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Well, I have lots of licenses for Windows stuff that I can't live without, so maybe I will be safer to buy a Windows based PC.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

with windows pc's you don't need hacks to run a lot of software that is made for windows only machines. the list includes but is not limited to games, IRC clients, browsers, the list goes on and on.

don' t get me wrong macs have their pluses like having fewer virises that can whipe your drive or worse.

i just love windows 7 is it so much faster than xp of vista could ever hope to be and at that i would suggest going with the 64 bit version. i run win 7 64 bit and talk about smokin speed when i boot up if i blink i would miss it.

Comment

• wii
                        • Sep 2000
                        • 3.8.x

By the way, is it possible to use a Macbook just for windows, I mean delete the entire disc and just install windows?

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wii
                          By the way, is it possible to use a Macbook just for windows, I mean delete the entire disc and just install windows?
                          Not sure honestly, bootcamp would be your best option to have the best level of driver support. If you're going to buy mac hardware you might as well run OSX you paid for.

Comment

• dutchbb
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by wii
                            Well, I have lots of licenses for Windows stuff that I can't live without, so maybe I will be safer to buy a Windows based PC.
                            Actually you would be 'safer' if you bought a mac since it has practically zero virusses and spyware build for it on the web You can still use those Windows licenses since Windows can perfectly run on dual boot. But if you are like me, you will soon decide to take the step to mac apps and forget about Windows very quickly

Originally posted by wii
                            I don't think so. But it's really not needed anyway. First you can decide to boot to Windows, secondly you paid for OSX so you probably want to try it, and once you do chances are more than 50% that you will keep using it.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Good web browsing pratices can keep you safe. I use windows, and i use IE8, before that IE7, and before that IE6. Now, in the last 9 or so years, I've had 1 legit virus in 2002, and it was not from my error, it was from another user error, mostly lettin them use my system. I do checks for malware and virus on my computers from time to time and I've been free for a long time now. I intend to continue using IE as my primary browser, and Windows as my primary OS.

If I had to nail down one thing I really dislike about OSX, is its window management. I know it has some neat features with expose but maybe i just never got used to them. I really like some of the windows 7 windows management stuff.

Comment

• dutchbb
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 3.8.x

True, but my experience is that a lot of regular users are not working safe enough. If you know what you're doing, Windows is safe to use.

I don't really need window management that much myself, but if I do have a lot of windows open, there is a very handy button on the mac keyboard that will show all windows on one screen. I you then click on the dock application you need, it will show all windows for that app. Not sure if you know this but it's pretty nice. But it's just one example of the great window management in leopard snow. I guess every OS takes time to get used to. You can only make a conclusion after using it for at least a few months (with an open mind of course).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...