X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaceJunkie
    • Jun 2005
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    There aren't any black ones though. Personally, I hate the silver brushed metal look that is popular in electronics these days. At least most of the other computer manufacturers give you color choices.
    No argument there, choice is good and I don't understand why Mac does not do this. Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by RaceJunkie
      Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?
      Don't know. Soft Drink companies don't seem to have any problem with it at 6 cents cost to manufacture each can.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RaceJunkie
        • Jun 2005
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Don't know. Soft Drink companies don't seem to have any problem with it at 6 cents cost to manufacture each can.
        Good point, and I agree it can be done just don't know why it's not.

Comment

• dutchbb
          • Nov 2003
          • 3.8.x

Obviously Apple doesn't paint the alu unibody cases because paint is cheap looking & not durable (will always wear out after some time) and not environmentally friendly (which was one of the priorities in the latest series). But most important of all, I have never heard any Apple user complain about not being able to have an alu mac in different colors. It seems to be something PC users have desperately found to pick on. Funny, because wasn't iMac the first computer that introduced the colored (transparent) plastic series? Now they introduce something new, it's called innovation. BTW I wonder how long it will take before PC manufacturers start copying again.
          Last edited by dutchbb; Mon 21 Dec '09, 5:58am.

Comment

• RaceJunkie
            • Jun 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dutchbb
            BTW I wonder how long it will take before PC manufacturers start copying again.
            Did they ever stop?

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
              • May 2003

Companies copy each other all the time.

Microsoft does it. Apple does it (don't even try to tell me they don't). Dell does it. HP does it.

Everybody does. There is no way a single company does not copy off some other competing company in one way or another.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Quillz
                • Nov 2004
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by RaceJunkie
                No argument there, choice is good and I don't understand why Mac does not do this. Maybe because it is easier to color plastic vs Aluminum?
                Apple used to offer the "BlackBook" as a $125 premium.

Why they stopped offering it when the MacBook was redesigned is anyone's guess.
                Forums

Comment

• Garamond
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 3.8.x

The choice is really easy. Get a Mac and you can enjoy both systems as you like. Get a Wintel-rack and you're stuck with Windows.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Garamond
                    The choice is really easy. Get a Mac and you can enjoy both systems as you like. Get a Wintel-rack and you're stuck with Windows.
                    You could always run a hackintosh

My gf's Macbook just crashed and died. We're 99% sure its the logic board :/ time to go computer shopping.

FWIW While in the apple store yesterday we saw an awful lot of the new imacs sitting at the genius bar waiting to be repaired/fixed.

Comment

• dutchbb
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 3.8.x

Since the internal hardware is pretty much the same as any other computer, it shouldn't get broken more easily. I think most computer problems people have are software related anyway, Apple seems to win in that department, having less of the typical PC issues...
                      Last edited by dutchbb; Thu 24 Dec '09, 12:48pm.

Comment

• AWS
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Zachery

My gf's Macbook just crashed and died. We're 99% sure its the logic board :/ time to go computer shopping.

FWIW While in the apple store yesterday we saw an awful lot of the new imacs sitting at the genius bar waiting to be repaired/fixed.
                        There is some kind of problem with the hardware in the i7 iMacs. Not sure what it is. I do know it has affected just about all of them that were first generation.
                        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Sergio68
                          • May 2002
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery

What a tragic scene :/
                          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

• Floris
                            • Dec 2001

My brother and his company have had it with the problems and frustration that Microsoft Windows has given them in the last few years and are about to invest in a 27" iMac as workstation and a Mac Pro server (with 24" Cinema Display). To improve security, performance, but more importantly to take away the daily frustrations and improve the workflow. And to ensure that their work isn't interrupted BootCamp will have WinXP on it with their known programs to revert back to. Next in line is my niece who had a cheap laptop and had complains throughout her college years. Now that she's going to the university she's getting a 13" MacBook Pro and iPhone. I've been on Mac myself since 2005 and not looking back. And I can't wait for my dads machine to break down for the last time and instead of fixing it to place a MacPro at his office with BootCamp and WinXP to fall back on an his existing monitors. He also has a bunch of presentations in 2010 and is looking into 17" MacBook Pro seriously now so he can a) see the letters and b) use its performance to have the presentation go smoothly. Once they have used my system for a week to see if they like it they have been converted. Impressed by the interface, the design, the performance, the simplicity and unified GUI and ease of adaption. They always shrugged at my convert so it's good to see that once they used it a bit they have basically seen the light.

Comment

• AWS
                              • Apr 2000
                              • 5.2.x

You know I use my new Mini now about 90% of the time. The only time I ever boot into Windows now is to check email. I just can't find an email app for OS X that compares to Outlook. Once I do and move my email accounts over I'll be Windows free.
                              Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• dutchbb
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by AWS
                                You know I use my new Mini now about 90% of the time. The only time I ever boot into Windows now is to check email. I just can't find an email app for OS X that compares to Outlook. Once I do and move my email accounts over I'll be Windows free.
                                MS Office for Mac, Entourage. Office 2010 for Mac will include Outlook.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...