Windows 7 - If You Got It, Do You Like It?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fufu
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by mondiuk
    Everything i have is supported, the only thing you need to check the antivirus you have you bee able to upgade to work for vindows7..
    Microsoft offers FREE Anti-virus for XP2, Vista, Win7 since October 30th, 2009.

Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play, and create.

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      No.. Haven't found a single device in my household that isn't supported.
      I have. My Netgear WG311v3 Wireless PCI Card did not work when I installed the Windows 7 RC a few months back. Probably because I couldn't connect to Windows Update to get the drivers.

Other than that, everything worked fine. My Dad has even said he was going to upgrade his laptop to Windows 7, and he's an XP fan.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook
        I have. My Netgear WG311v3 Wireless PCI Card did not work when I installed the Windows 7 RC a few months back. Probably because I couldn't connect to Windows Update to get the drivers.

Other than that, everything worked fine. My Dad has even said he was going to upgrade his laptop to Windows 7, and he's an XP fan.
        Well, that was the RC you had issues with... Have you tried to see if it now works on the RTM? Because I know for me, Windows Update was able to find a lot of drivers for my Dell notebook, including drivers I needed for the built-in fingerprint scanner and webcam. When I was running Win7 RC, Windows Update did not offer any of those driver updates.
        Forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ryan Ashbrook

I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor on my stepson's computer. Had to hook it up to the router and allow Windows to download the drivers from Windows Update to get it working. Netgear hasn't updated the drivers on their site yet but have submitted new ones to Windows Update. Go Figure. But once I hooked it up to the lan and plugged the card in, it installed immediately instead of trying to use the disk that came with the device.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ryan Ashbrook
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB adaptor on my stepson's computer. Had to hook it up to the router and allow Windows to download the drivers from Windows Update to get it working. Netgear hasn't updated the drivers on their site yet but have submitted new ones to Windows Update. Go Figure. But once I hooked it up to the lan and plugged the card in, it installed immediately instead of trying to use the disk that came with the device.
            Unfortunately, my computer is on the other side of the house from the router. It would have been a major pain in the ass to move the entire computer so I can wire it up to the router to download one driver.

Luckily, I remembered I had downloaded the driver a few weeks beforehand, in a (non-successful) attempt at getting Fedora + ndiswrapper to work with my card.
            Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• bigwater
              • Jan 2007

How quickly we forget and abandon old technology. Sneakernet still works nearly 100% of the time.
              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
                • Apr 2001

I run in on my htpc. I love it.

Plan to use it on my next build too.

Comment

• lav0s
                  • Sep 2005

new build with core i7 and is runing much better than i expected

win7 is as my ex wife, expect the unexpeted, i expected crashes and in 3 months of beta without shutdown no troubles, now in retail all run smooth and how it should be so.... win7 was installed in my pc to stay

Comment

• ronboc
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Ive just upgraded to Win 7 and so far i think its pretty good.

I bought a whole new system for it. I found Vista to be horrible.*

Comment

• macme.org
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 3.8.x

I've got it! But it's alright, I say get a Mac!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...