Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyparsons
    • Mar 2005

The Frustration Of Setting Up New Machines

Its been about a year since I setup a centos machine to use as a localhost for some testing, and I have to say... how easily one forgets some of the basics. 6 hours later... machine setup the way I need it, but still struggling to get the nx server working. I have all my machines at home rack mounted and isolated to on spot, so everything is very neat and tidy with no systems sitting on or under benches, so I remote in and out of the machines as I need too. Our main server I setup here is Windows, so no problems... but my play servers and test servers I use for web development, all Linux obviously. I had used VNC in the past, though been advised that nxserver is the better tool to use for going between a Windows and Linux environment, apparently faster than VNC...

So because I am currently stuck... I thought I would just vent my frustrations here to maybe get my mind onto the small issue or something that I am missing. I am hoping someone who is familiar with nxserver may have some little tidbit I am missing. My network runs through a D-Link 10/100/1000 switch, so no internal IP issues with router porting or the like between systems, and the modem is cable which sits independently.

The error I get is "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled on host 192.168.0.100", obviously being the servers IP.

Frustrating... to say the least. Maybe just easier to revert to VNC!!!
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

is IPtables/firewall blocking the nxaccess port?
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• anthonyparsons
      • Mar 2005

Oh... IP tables. Forgot about that one. Will look at that tomorrow. Thank ct for that little inspiration. Told you... not touching linux much for a year and the smallest things are annoying me now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...