X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • h3llfir3
    • Sep 2009

Question about Options page in User CP

If a person puts a check in the box for "receive e-mail from other members", will,

others be able to see the person's e-mail address or just a link to the person's e-mail address where the actual e-mail address is not visible and others can only click the link to send an e-mail.

If the address is not visible, can others right click and go to properties on the link and see the e-mail that way?

How does "receive e-mail from administrators" work. Is it the same way?

Thanks
  • nexialys
    • May 2004
    • 1.1.x

1- this is a technical question and you are in the Chit Chat
    2- you may not be able to post elsewhere because you are not licensed
    3- this is an easy answer: the "display email" system is not showing the email to the visitors, it is directing the visitor to a form that will send the email... no email is reachable in any moment.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• h3llfir3
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by nexialys
      1- this is a technical question and you are in the Chit Chat
      2- you may not be able to post elsewhere because you are not licensed
      3- this is an easy answer: the "display email" system is not showing the email to the visitors, it is directing the visitor to a form that will send the email... no email is reachable in any moment.
      you mean no e-mail address is reachable in any moment?

Comment

• nexialys
        • May 2004
        • 1.1.x

yeap...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• h3llfir3
          • Sep 2009

yeap...
          does this apply to admins, members of the site, friends and contacts?

Comment

• nexialys
            • May 2004
            • 1.1.x

admins and super-moderators can have access to the complete members profile by going into the AdminCP... that is where the private details can be read. nowhere else.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• h3llfir3
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
                sorry, im just looking for some quick info if you could help me out? im not a customer, so i cant access that page you sent me. Maybe in the future i will open my own forum. i just would like some quick questions answered if thats okay?

when i join a forum

How do i make it so v bulletin sends me the post as well as the notification in the notification e-mail?

Also how do i delete a vbulletin account?

Thanks.

Is it okay if i post questions on this chit chat area? or no. if not then wher do i post?
                Last edited by h3llfir3; Tue 6 Oct '09, 12:37pm.

Comment

• nexialys
                  • May 2004
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by h3llfir3
                  i dont really want to own a forum
                  ok, bye bye... you made me loose my time

Comment

• h3llfir3
                    • Sep 2009

ok, bye bye... you made me loose my time
                    sorry, that isnt the way i meant it , i will probably open a forum in the future, just not at the moment. thanks for your help tho

Comment

• nexialys
                      • May 2004
                      • 1.1.x

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        Former Customer Support Manager
                        • Jul 2000

You need to contact the owner of the forum you are having these issues with.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...