X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angry_Sun
    • Jun 2009

Request

Hey everyone, I'm the webmaster over at http://nintendoland.com

For years the site was inactive and abandoned, until I contacted the founders. They agreed to give me ACP access, so my goal was to revive the site and make it better than ever before. We installed vBulletin, and I got working on the design process. We tried using vbDruapl, but it turns out it is a pretty confusing thing to use, and since the founder is never on to help me with this, I've lost hope in that area.

So I'm looking for someone that would want to help me out, we can run the site together, admin the forum together, and once it's done, I'm pretty sure it will be one of the best Nintendo related sites on the internet.

The only qualifications I ask are that you:
    -Know HTML, CSS
    -Know how vBulletin works, maybe we can code some forum integration here
    -Are pretty active, meaning I don't have to wait 5 days for a reply or something

Other things that would help is if you know PHP. Would anyone want to do this? I've got a base template down already, but help is needed.

NintendoLand has some good respect when it comes to Nostalgia, it's been around since 1998. :]
    NintendoLand
    Check it out. I dare you.
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

You might as well forget it, half the people here already run sites they themselves are struggling to get off the ground. Wrong place to ask really, your much better going on another forum that covers a similar topic your site covers, with people more interested in it, who don't run a site themselves.

Comment

• Angry_Sun
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MRGTB
      You might as well forget it, half the people here already run sites they themselves are struggling to get off the ground. Wrong place to ask really, your much better going on another forum that covers a similar topic your site covers, with people more interested in it.
      Yea... I posed here, and on vb.org. Just maybe I can get lucky, you know? Oh well.
      NintendoLand

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

Good luck, I'm not being funny about it with you. Just being honest thats all. You know the score. People here run their own sites, thats why they are here. So they have little interest in helping another site out, other than their own. Thats just the way it is.

You can't even get members from here to post on your site, let alone starting working on it for you.

Comment

• Angry_Sun
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MRGTB
          Good luck, I'm not being funny about it with you. Just being honest thats all. You know the score. People here run their own sites, thats why they are here. So they have little interest in helping another site out, other than their own. Thats just the way it is.

You can't even get members from here to post on your site, let alone starting working on it for you.
          Well that's the problem, we will be working together, sharing the credit ect... But yea, I get you.
          NintendoLand

Comment

• anthonyparsons
            • Mar 2005

My view would be:

#1 - Topic must interest the person, and
            #2 - Why would someone help revive something that belongs to another?

Honestly, if I was going to launch a Nindtendo board, I would do it myself, which is what most would think also. I understand Nintendo closed their forum, so it opens a big void for a market, though I agree with the above, you would get a better response from someone within an existing Nintendo community, someone where that topic interests them and they wouldn't care about ownership.

Best of luck though with your venture.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...