FORCE Google to update their information?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

FORCE Google to update their information?

Hey guys!

I created a new website and this new website is online for 5 days now. If I google a specific term, it still shows me the old website (with the old website's title).

Can I force Google to update their information about my site? The website promotes an annual initiative and right now it still says '... 2009' in the title which is bad.
    That's the end of that!
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by MrNase
    Hey guys!

I created a new website and this new website is online for 5 days now. If I google a specific term, it still shows me the old website (with the old website's title).

Can I force Google to update their information about my site? The website promotes an annual initiative and right now it still says '... 2009' in the title which is bad.
    Submit your site again to be spidered.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

It's that simple? Thanks.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• birdie
        • Aug 2004

Its not that simple. Submitting a site to Google has been a waste of time since last century and achieves absolutely nothing.

You can't force Google to do this. Google will crawl your site and update its index on its own schedule, so you have to be patient. Google tends to crawl sites more often that have more links to them from other sites, so spend your time on link building.

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

google will start reindexing each of your pages once the engine hit a certain amount of 404 pages or irrelevent page titles *(cached title VS new title)... i don't know the count but i suppose it's not millions... lol
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by birdie
            Its not that simple. Submitting a site to Google has been a waste of time since last century and achieves absolutely nothing.

You can't force Google to do this. Google will crawl your site and update its index on its own schedule, so you have to be patient. Google tends to crawl sites more often that have more links to them from other sites, so spend your time on link building.
            It is pretty simple in general. http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Just shove your link there, and it comes back around usually within 24-48hrs checking for new content. If there's new stuff, you get attacked by bots. If not, it just ignores your site.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• birdie
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              It is pretty simple in general. http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Just shove your link there, and it comes back around usually within 24-48hrs checking for new content. If there's new stuff, you get attacked by bots. If not, it just ignores your site.
              Thats just a load of nonsense and does not work. That has not worked since last century. Any professional SEO will tell you that. Only the kiddie SEO's still believe in the tooth fairy.

Comment

• SilabGarza
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

well its worth a try to submit it

maybe it does do something?
                better then not even trying like u >.>

Comment

• anthonyparsons
                  • Mar 2005

Birdie is actually quite correct, in that the Google URL submission is technically for brand new sites, however; the moment you setup a domain Google pretty much have it within a day. You only need visit the domain in firefox and Google will instantly have it. Google update their index periodically, and there are websites that track their updates for both content and links. If you search them out you will get a rough idea on when the next database upgrade is. If Google have the current URL and page, and you change content on that page, it will update within a couple of days. If you change the URL though, it can take them a week or two before they drop the old and list the new, as each page has to go through their algorithm process all over again.

If Google are in your site spidering it, then they have all the new URL's. It is merely waiting for them to update their index that we users see. You can review your logs to see what URL's Google is crawling to prove that they are on the new one's. Old URL's will obviously either redirect or get an error page, so they drop one set and list the new set upon the next DB update.

If you 301 from old to new, Google will usually not change a thing with the URL's, ie. they will continue listing the existing URL's even though they redirect to a new URL.

Comment

• Cromulent
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3.8.x

If you have access to Google Webmaster Tools then you can tell Google to remove or reindex parts of your site. This results in pretty much the same things but it is not a quick process they will reindex your site in their own time and I have removed URLs using their tools only to find that there are still traces in their index.

Just make sure that your robots.txt is correct and that you are positive that you won't need your site to be fully reindexed for awhile .

Comment