Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussiefooty
    • Nov 2008
    • 6.0.X

Vista all the way here. Haven't had any problems with it.

Windows 7 is not very good.
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• aussiefooty
      • Nov 2008
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Anvil3
      well im glad you have a Job an can afford hundreds on a new WindowsOS but as i live in australia do you have any idea how much we have to pay just for Windows7 Home Premium? probably not. might be cheap for americans an or Europeans or People in the UK but us aussies pay more than you guys an you have to wonder why a lot will still pirate the OS. im not on a Great income so i cannot afford the money M$$ is asking whether that be upgrade or Full
      Why are you arguing with a staff member? Really you need to calm down and take a look at what is going on.
      If you buy a new pc it will have it already installed on there so you won't have to pay a cent.
      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by lazar
        what is xp and windows 7?
        Operating systems....
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Dilly
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
          Why are you arguing with a staff member? Really you need to calm down and take a look at what is going on.
          If you buy a new pc it will have it already installed on there so you won't have to pay a cent.
          What does arguing with a staff member ON TOPIC have to do with anything?

You really need to stop posting.

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Staff members are people just like us. We can freely agree or disagree with them.
            Forums

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

It is Windows Vista that is currently install and not Windows 7, but then you must be in a future timezone then the rest of the world. I will not see Windows 7 released until late Oct. 2009. It seems that those Aussie's may still get hit with an upgrade fee from Vista to Windows 7, even if they purchase a new system now... Does not seem to be fair, as I can get Vista and receive a Windows 7 download for free...

Comment

• MRGTB
                • May 2005

He's not arguing, he was asking a question of Wayne in a constructive manner. And making a point that not everybody can afford to jump over to Windows 7 that easy because of the recession an cost involved in different countries.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Windows 7 is already RTM, and is available via MSDN and other sources. Its just not available to retail yet.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Anvil3
                    well im glad you have a Job an can afford hundreds on a new WindowsOS but as i live in australia do you have any idea how much we have to pay just for Windows7 Home Premium? probably not. might be cheap for americans an or Europeans or People in the UK but us aussies pay more than you guys an you have to wonder why a lot will still pirate the OS. im not on a Great income so i cannot afford the money M$$ is asking whether that be upgrade or Full

Then don't buy it and use something else. You have your choices to make, make one. It isn't really my concern if you can't afford the software. Use Linux as you said above. If Microsoft sees a reduced rate of sales or adoptions than they will consider lowering the retail price. However retail upgrade boxes are not their main source of income.
                    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Sun 13 Sep '09, 5:38am.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
                      It is Windows Vista that is currently install and not Windows 7, but then you must be in a future timezone then the rest of the world. I will not see Windows 7 released until late Oct. 2009. It seems that those Aussie's may still get hit with an upgrade fee from Vista to Windows 7, even if they purchase a new system now... Does not seem to be fair, as I can get Vista and receive a Windows 7 download for free...

If you buy a PC now, you can get a free upgrade to Windows 7. At least in the US. I bought my daughter's new laptop that she needed for school last month and it comes with a free upgrade.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• MRGTB
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Zachery
                        Windows 7 is already RTM, and is available via MSDN and other sources. Its just not available to retail yet.
                        Yes, I believe there is a Student RTM version that can got now via MSDN

Comment

• aussiefooty
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Quillz
                          Staff members are people just like us. We can freely agree or disagree with them.
                          Except you need to treat them with respect. We all know what can happen when we don't respect these guys.
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• hitmancode47
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Vista all the way here. Haven't had any problems with it.

Windows 7 is not very good.
                            Have you even used Windows 7?

The fee for the operating system is in the computer price, however if you ever intend to have a fresh installation, or want to attempt it yourself, it will cost more.

However retail upgrade boxes are not their main source of income.
                            I agree, I bet the main source of income is the interest on Bill Gate's bank account.
                            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by hitmancode47
                              I agree, I bet the main source of income is the interest on Bill Gate's bank account.
                              You do know that Bill Gates is technically retired and using his money to fight aids worldwide and bring technology to impoverished nations. Maybe not as fast as some people would like or in the manner they would like but you can't deny that he is putting his money to good use.

Actually most of their money comes from corporate and OEM sales.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Anvil3
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 4.1.x

do i care if he is staff member?.. im sure he knows how to ban, he's quite welcome to do that if he cant handle an arguement

would you loan me the money to buy a New PC?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...