Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Now I'm on w7 64-bit, but it was a horrible experience to get there. First the install was disrupted by a blue screen, tried it several times and every time got this ****ing blue screen.
    After some changes in bios ram settings install was successful. After I didn't found my wlan card driver and couldn't go online. Now it seems to be all stable and on a first view it was worth the upgrade. Most worst is to get all mail accounts and customizations back into Outlook and the billions of windows patches.

Comment

• Alfa1
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.8.x

I went back from win7 64bit to 32 bit. Too many software programs are not up to that yet. I have been using Win7 for quite a while and find it a mixed bag. It has its benefits, but try to reset a network connection for example. Today I was asked to fix a XP computers network issues. Was done much quicker than the exact same issue on win7 last week, as I apparently still know my way around XP better and find it easier to use when it comes to advanced settings.
      I buy 420 forums

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Alfa1
        I went back from win7 64bit to 32 bit. Too many software programs are not up to that yet. I have been using Win7 for quite a while and find it a mixed bag. It has its benefits, but try to reset a network connection for example. Today I was asked to fix a XP computers network issues. Was done much quicker than the exact same issue on win7 last week, as I apparently still know my way around XP better and find it easier to use when it comes to advanced settings.
        Confused by what you mean with the 64 bit issues. Which programs were "not up to it"?

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

So far I'm absolutely satisfied, I have open more than 100 tabs on opera, photoshop, dreamweaver, filezilla, outlook, excel, word, and some other programs. No lag no slowness, it's just great. I even have left 5 GB RAM.

Comment

• xjuliox
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.7.x

I think 7 is better than xp because I'm currently using 7
            Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• massandro
              • Jan 2011

Well I do think that Windows seven is much better than XP because it has a lot of new features and upgraded elements that are more easily available or to work with but still I do not like the new Windows 7 office - above all Excel is an absolute calamity because it just acts automatically in some cases and I really hate that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...