X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chelf12
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.8.x

Computer Chat Firefox 3.7...already?

Yup. Sort of shocked me, to be honest. I downloaded it, and installed it. It's a pre-release currently. Not too shabby, so far.

It's supposed to have a "new" look to it. Although it most likely hasn't been applied yet. Please note. The looks in the Wiki link below are just mockups.

New "looks":

Nightly Trunk:

Honestly, I think they should get through Firefox 3.6 before going to 3.7. At this rate, they'll be to Firefox 4 in no time flat.
  • Protoss
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.8.x

Mozilla firefox development is always ahead of the current version.
    You should be aware that the build you are using is not even at the alpha stage and will be prone to errors.

The current 3.6 build is a alpha 1 stage and can be downloaded .......

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

Any new overall design changes coming in 3.7 will not appear until a beta release at the earliest, or more likely a release candidate.

And considering Minefield builds change daily (sometimes even hourly), you're going to be running those nightly builds for a long time before you start to see any visible changes.

If you're really daring, I believe some pre-alpha 4.0 builds are available.
      Forums

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

I might have to get that newer version now because the older version that I have got on my parent's pc is still in the 2.x series
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• nexialys
          • May 2004
          • 1.1.x

the transparent mockup will be surpassed with Firefox 4.0 with fluid integration... transparent windows, but also non-formal windows, no more "rectangles"... you may even see themes with round, ovale, ghosts, clouds form... will be fun for site designers...
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• bryan0070
            • Sep 2007

is it safe to download the alpha 1 of the new version 3.6 of firefox

Comment

• nexialys
              • May 2004
              • 1.1.x

if it is available, why not... they do not have the reputation to post dangerous engines.
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• bryan0070
                • Sep 2007

is Namoroka the real name of firefox

Comment

• nexialys
                  • May 2004
                  • 1.1.x

It is not its "real name", it's the version name, https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Namoroka

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Interface is getting better. They finally hid the menu or dropped it completely. Though I am sure some people will add it back in via addons. It does look a little too Chrome though. Mozilla really needs a modern interface with a look of their own.

I think moving bookmarks to the right top is a mistake. It should be to the left of the tabs. Also they need an easy way to see all tabs at once. Maybe that is what the page button is for but it is unclear on that.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• saucerfoot
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

I can't wait for 3.7 version of firefox to come out

Comment

• Protoss
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by bryan0070
                        is it safe to download the alpha 1 of the new version 3.6 of firefox
                        Yes it is safe. It does not overwrite your existing version.
                        However, each time you launch one or the other, it's as if it's a new installation. Try and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...