DCK Shop - buy vB License from there?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Yeah, they seem to be trying to come across as being a mass re-seller of cheap vBulletin licences. Very dodgy stuff indeed! Maybe they are buying up licences on big sites like SitePoint for cheap money, then selling them on for a profit. Wayne's right, they are pretty much acting as an unofficial re-seller.

Question is though, if they are buying second-hand licences up, then selling them on again. Are they actually breaking any vB rules here. They are not advertising as selling new vB licences.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 22 Aug '09, 7:56pm.

Comment

• R1lover
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.8.x

From what I can see all they are doing is acting like a middle man, making contact between buyers and sellers. I see nothing wrong with that really.
      www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

It's a bit of a sticky wicket really. Because one could argue, what if I bought 5 second-hand licences this year with the intentions of running 5 forums, then 2 weeks or 3 months later, I changed my mind and sold them on. Would I be classed as acting like a re-seller? I'd be pretty annoyed if I was!!! And if I can make a profit also selling them, that my entitlement to do so.

That's the problem like you say above, they are not offering NEW licences, nor are they trying to give the impression they are. They are just buying-up one's that people are selling most likely on sites like SitePoint and AdminZone etc. However, they ARE fully intending to do it from a pure business "money making" point of view, and are not interested in using them it seems. It's a funny one really! As they are doing nothing wrong in buying a second-hand license, somebody is going to buy them - so why not them? And it's their choice really if they wish to sell them on again. I see nothing wrong really in doing that, and I'm beginning to take-back what I said above previously now!

I can see Steve's point of view, don't get me wrong. But it's a moral point of view as staff, him knowing it could effect new vBulletin license sales. If I decided to sell my license tomorrow, I don't need yours or IB's permission to do so. I've sold one before and didn't need it then.

Quite funny really, it does seem like somebody has come-up with the novel idea of buying-up vB licenses from people most likely fleeing over to IPB for IPB3, knowing the time is mega ripe to do it now to cash in getting them cheap. Quite crafty!
        Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 22 Aug '09, 9:02pm.

Comment

• copiertalk
          • Oct 2005
          • 3.7.x

IT looks like after reading their FAQ page that they are only acting as a middle man. They do not look like they are personally purchasing any software but are only acting as a broker to connect potential buyers with people that wish to sell their license. I am not sure what "Fee" they charge or who pays the fee as I doubt they would provide the service for free.
          www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

• FreshFroot_
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

I read about this guy in DP earlier. I was looking for another license, but something didn't seem right. So I didn't buy any from him. However, the few people that did, said their licenses are STILL valid and fine.

I learned my lesson the hard way once. JUST BUY them from JELSOFT. Then your 100% sure they will be valid and last. The money your going to save buying a 2nd hand license isn't worth the risk of losing it.. and if it is really cheap. Then chances are you will get scammed anyways....

Comment

• aussiefooty
              • Nov 2008
              • 6.0.X

I wouldn't bother looking at that website or any of those type of sites.

You are only in your teens so I can see why you want to look at the cheaper options but I wouldn't go for it.

Look for something that has got affiliation programs that are sponsored by that license.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Shamil.
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                I wouldn't bother looking at that website or any of those type of sites.

You are only in your teens so I can see why you want to look at the cheaper options but I wouldn't go for it.

Look for something that has got affiliation programs that are sponsored by that license.
                I was only looking around and I wondered if there were many on vBay, I honestly didn't think that there would be... but to the point of your post.. I've just secured and recieved my third vBulletin License.
                Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                vBulletin Hosting and Services
                Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• VonDoom
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Complete and Total Scam.
                  lol they also have a review system that has to be reviewed by the administrator b4 they are available to the public. there reviews show 5 stars by two reviewers. i gave them 1 star (couldnt do negitive stars) and an honest review of there service that i doubt will ever see the light of day on there website. oh well lesson learned i wound up purchasing a licence directly thru vB at 180.00 plus the 85 i lost from DCk Shop.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by VonDoom
                    Complete and Total Scam.
                    lol they also have a review system that has to be reviewed by the administrator b4 they are available to the public. there reviews show 5 stars by two reviewers. i gave them 1 star (couldnt do negitive stars) and an honest review of there service that i doubt will ever see the light of day on there website. oh well lesson learned i wound up purchasing a license directly there vB at 180.00 plus the 85 i lost from DCk Shop.
                    Sounds about right then with the review system. Why, did you purchase a license from them and they've scammed you out of $80? Because if they have, I think it's only fair the link in the first post in this thread leading to the site should be removed if thats the situation.

Also, it's against the rules here for customers to advertise their own vB license for sale. So why is vBulletin allowing links to be posted leading to sites offering second-hand vBulletin licenses. The guy who started this thread, also posted another thread that lead to a person on eBay selling a second-hand vB license. Isn't this basically just the same as a member here offering his own license for sale (which is not allowed)?

If your going to make rules, you need to stop playing double standards and enforce them. No links should be allowed to be posted on this site leading to second-hand vB sales. Otherwise your just giving a helping hand to encourage people into getting scammed. Regardless of weather or not VonDoom was a victim.

What's stopping me from putting a FREE html website on-line, then selling my vb license from it by posting a link here to it saying (hey look this person is selling a vb license)?
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 7 Sep '09, 6:54pm.

Comment

• VonDoom
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 3.8.x

I figured it would be a 50/50 gamble. but i needed a licence right away and had 85.00 didnt have the 180.00 i did some research and couldnt come up with any real negitive feedback. some people had mentioned they got what they had payed for an nobody mentioned not getting there licence transfer. they show 7 licences available so i gave it a shot. wound up buying a licence direct from vB a cpl days later. I sent a few emails to the administrator with no replys. 10 minutes after i filed a dispute with paypal i recieved a stock email informing me my licence transfer was cancelled. of course still no refund. but im not gonna stress as im amember of over 100 of these vB communities and will spread the word about there level of service. even if they are or were legit. the lack of customer support is dismal at best. like i said lesson learned. im not gonna stress or freak out over it but i will take my 85.00 bucks back on lost revenue when im thru posting on all the various vB related forums. im sure they will get other suckers. But ill do my best to help bring that number down a bit..

Bottom line dont walk away from these folks.. Run as fast as you can

Comment

• symbol.software
                        • May 2009
                        • 3.8.x

How to sell/buy secure ?

Hello,

I have a vBulletin (Owned License) which I would like to sell it due to time limitation and impossibility to run my forum.

What should I do to make sure I'll not get scammed. I need a secure way of selling my license.

What do you recommend ?

Greetings
                        Michael.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

The only way yo be sure you are not scammed is to purchase your license directly from us. Any other option involves risk.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hitmancode47
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            The only way yo be sure you are not scammed is to purchase your license directly from us. Any other option involves risk.
                            Pretty much seals the thread lol
                            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• VonDoom
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 3.8.x

*Update* In the intrest of fairness and accuracy. i wanted to announce that the used licence i purchased has finally been transferred. It took forever and the lack of communication from the webmaster still has me a little bent out of shape. But i figured it was only fair to report the license was indeed transferred to my name. Unfortunately if the license had been transferred in the advertised time frame i wouldnt be sitting on a third license i dont need. (i had to purchase a new license from vB) because i didnt figure the transfer was ever gonna happen. But when its all said and done if i need a 4th for any reason you can bet ill pay full price thru vB and be done with it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...