Google Apps is out of beta (yes, really)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Milado
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.8.x

Computer Chat Google Apps is out of beta (yes, really)

Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.
  • Ryan Ashbrook
    • May 2003

About damn time.

Though, I started using Gmail when it first came out. Hard to believe it's been around for five years already. =/
    Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

• Quillz
      • Nov 2004
      • 5.0.X

GMail was pretty much out of beta years ago. I think they just kept it around because it was "cool."

But they recently had a press conference and explained that the "beta" tag was holding back GMail and other services being used by large corporations, so they felt it was best just to drop the tags.
      Forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Maybe now they can add some features to the applications. Sections and columns (without tables) would be nice. Merged Cells in the Spreadsheet. Mail Merge of a document and your Google Contacts. Open Document Support, Remote viewing of Presentations without Internet Access, etc... All very basic functionality for an office suite.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Andy Huang
          • Feb 2004

Push gmail is all that's really lacking for me. Mobile data plan is one of those hard drugs that once you get on it, you can't turn back. I can have internet anywhere I go, and it's great
          Best Regards,
          Andy Huang

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

It's still in beta. They just took it off to make it look better to be used by corporate customers.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• JakeS
              • Jul 2005

out of beta? wow. Although I've been using it since it was "Invite only".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...